iOS 16.3 was released today and the entire internet has become a search ground for all the new features and bug fixes that came with iOS 16.3. besides emergency SOS, advanced data security, physical key for Apple ID, we also have some new features for home pod. Let’s dig deep and know what homepod OS 16.3 is and what are the new features and changes that have come with homepod OS 16.3.
What’s new with homepod OS 16.3?
HomePod software version 16.3 supports new features for your HomePod. This update also includes bug fixes and stability improvements. Support for temperature and humidity sensors on HomePod mini and HomePod 2 is the biggest new feature in HomePod OS 16.3 software. The HomePod mini includes a hidden temperature and humidity sensor, which Apple is now enabling. This allows the temperature and humidity settings to be used for home automation purposes and gadget activation according to set scenarios.
Another improvement is the addition of ambient sounds to scenes, automations and alarms in the Home app. Recurring automations can be set up using Siri commands. Ambient sounds have also been updated to be more immersive. When smart home requests are made for items that are in a different room or have not had an obvious change, Apple has now added a signature confirmation tone that plays. You can ask Siri to locate your friends and family with the Find My for HomePod integration.
How to download Homepod OD 16.3 update?
On your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, Apple’s basic Home app manages HomePod software upgrades. If your iOS, iPadOS, or macOS device isn’t signed in with the Apple ID you used to set up the speaker, you won’t be able to install new software on your HomePod.
Make sure your HomePod is turned on. A white light with a spinning pattern will appear on top of your HomePod as it updates.
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone.
- Tap the More button after going to the Home app.
- Choose Home settings.
- From here, select Software Update.
- Checking for HomePod upgrades starts on your iPhone or iPad.
- You will see all accessible updates. Tap Update to download and install OS 16.3.
- Tap your HomePod to launch the Home app.
- After the Now Playing page, scroll a little further down and click the Settings icon at the bottom right.
- A software update can be displayed in this area if one is available.
- Tap Update to download and install OS 16.3.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.