TikTok is now an essential part of the world’s pop culture. It is the OG platform that has streamlined the concept of short content and made it more accessible to people around the world.
Unlike some countries, TikTok is not banned in Canada, so when it comes to how to use TikTok in Canada, the steps are simple. From setting up the TikTok account to monetization, the process is not as complicated as you think.
This article will cover all the steps you need to know about using TikTok in Canada.
Using Tiktok in Canada – Setting up a TikTok account
The first step to using TikTok in Canada is setting up your account. Since the app is not banned in Canada, you should find it in the Play Store and App Store.
Depending on which smartphone you use, you must first download and install TikTok on your device.
When you’re done, click “Sign Up” and enter your email address and password to easily create an account. There are other ways to register with Google, Twitter, Facebook or even Apple accounts.
After that, the app will inquire about your areas of interest. You’ll need to pick a few to build your “For You” page. Also, the app gives you a generic numeric username when you first create the TikTok account. You can change this later in the settings.
From there you can edit your TikTok account and that’s it. You are now ready to use TikTok in Canada without any issues.
What are the For You page and the Discover page?
To successfully use TikTok in Canada, you need to understand two important factors: the For You and the Discover page.
Many new users get confused between the two thinking they are the same. However, they have a host of differences worth discussing.
The For You page, FYP, includes an “infinite” array of scrollable content that you can swipe up and view. They are generally queued one behind the other and contain genre or niche of content in which you show maximum interest.
The Discover page, on the other hand, is the little compass icon that sits at the bottom of the screen and allows you to check the kind of content that’s trending, the popular hashtags, and even the kind of creators that are trending.
How to Make a TikTok Video in Canada?
Now that you have a basic understanding of what TikTok is and its basic elements, let’s walk you through how to create a TikTok in Canada. It’s pretty simple.
All you have to do is determine the kind or content of the video. Once you have a video idea in mind, follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the TikTok app, then tap the Create (+) button at the bottom center of the screen
- Once you click on it, you will be redirected to the video creation console where you can create a video in real time or add an already edited video. On this page you can add music, effects, filters, etc.
- If you click the “Red button” on the creation page, you can create a 15-second TikTok video. However, if you tap the Camera tab, you can take a 10 minute video on iPhones or 3 minute videos on Android devices.
- Once you have recorded or uploaded the desired video and you are satisfied with the results, you can add the desired music, effects, etc. You can also adjust the privacy settings for which users can view the video, etc.
- The last step is to tap the Post button to publish your video to the public. If you don’t want to post the video, there is a draft option where you can save the video for later use.
If you want to get recognized as a creator on TikTok Canada, we encourage you to channel your inner creative energy. This is what makes the difference. Instead of blindly following trends, add your creativity to the already viral trends. Sometimes all it takes to go viral is to create something else. Once you start to gain traction, earning with TikTok Canada is also quite enjoyable.