Sending emails with scanned documents on iPhone or iPad was expensive for users because people had to use iPhone document scanner apps. There were many apps to scan documents on iOS devices, but they were expensive and took up extra space. Thanks to the new iOS 15 that allows users to quickly and easily scan documents on iPhone models.
With iOS 15, Apple has added many productive features for iPhone users. Scanning documents is one of the great features of iOS 15. Since the document scanner feature is a bit hidden in iPhone, many users are not aware of this feature. Even it took me a few months to find this feature. If you are new to iOS 15 or iPhone and you are looking for a way to scan documents on iPhone, this is the ease with which you can do it.
Scan documents on iPhone 11, 12 & 13
Remark: You can use the Notes app or Files app on iOS 15 with iPhone to scan documents. We will discuss both methods below.
How to Scan Documents on iPhone via Notes App
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone.
- Then tap New Note or another saved note.
- Tap the camera icon at the bottom.
- Select “Scan Document” from the option.
- Hold the device over the document and tap the shutter button.
- Then tap Save.
- Now the document is saved in the note.
- You can share by tapping the document and using the Share button in the top right corner.
If you are not a fan of Notes app to scan documents on iPhone, you can also use Notes app, which is the document scanner app on iOS devices, to quickly scan and share documents.
Scan documents on iPhone with Files app
- Open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Tap three dots in the top right corner.
- Select the “Scan Documents” option.
- Scan the document and tap the shutter button.
- Tap Keep scan.
- Select the scanner document and tap Done.
- Now tap on Save and select the folder in the Files app to save the scanned file.
That is it.
After you’ve scanned the document and saved it to your iPhone’s Files app, you can later use that scanned document to share it via email or any other platform. After scanning the document, you can also use the format option to edit the document file.
Using Notes and Files app on iOS 15, users can easily scan, save and share documents from iPhone 13 or other older models. Did you enjoy the article? Hope it helped to view the document and save time, cost and space on your iPhone. What document scanning feature are you still missing on your iPhone? Don’t forget to share your feedback in the comment box.