Apple announced iOS 16 at WWDC 2022, along with software updates for other Apple devices. The official release of iOS 16 is yet to come, but in the meantime, Apple has released three betas for developers and a public beta for users. the beta versions installed take advantage of the early use of iOS 16 features than the rest of us; they also notice some of the hidden features. Apple tends to put Easter eggs in each of its updates, and iOS 16 is no different. Some features may have gone unnoticed, which is why we are here to list some of iOS 16’s hidden features. Check out some of the most amazing hidden features you never knew existed until now.
iOS 16’s Hidden Features: Let’s Uncover Some of the Best Things
- All supported iPhone devices can use Face ID in landscape mode.
- You can mark the text messages as unread and even edit the text message you sent in the messaging app. You can also undo messages just like Instagram and WhatsApp.
- You can remove duplicate contacts and photos with a third-party application. Contacts gives you a tab to report that it had a duplicate contact, while photos have a separate album as Duplicates. Merging the duplicate photos can also be done.
- You can share your Wi-Fi login with other devices through iCloud, so when you connect to iPhone, another device of yours will be connected automatically.
- You can even share the Wi-Fi password with your friends and family by simply copying and pasting.
- You get access to new features of the Notes app, such as the smart folder and shortcuts app support.
- You can use Haptic feedback on the keyboard.
- With iOS16, you can dictate and type at the same time. We can even dictate emojis instead of typing them manually.
- Recently deleted chats folder has been added to the messaging app, the same app recently deleted photos.
- You can convert currency directly using the camera, no need to go to safari for this.
- Live translation of text can be done directly from the camera. However, scanning the text through the camera may not be accurate.
- You can lock your hidden album and recently deleted folder.
- Instead of going to the contacts > edit and scrolling down to delete contact, you can delete the contact directly by pressing and holding .
- iOS 16 allows you to create a sticker from images.
- Side unlock will be a thing with iOS 16 release and not just portrait mode it will be possible even with landscape mode.
- There is a hidden spotlight search button and you can toggle it on and off from the Settings app.
- Scheduling emails will be possible with the mail app. Other than that we will also get an email reminder function.
These are some of the hidden features that can be useful to you and make your experience a pleasure. If you noticed any of the other hidden features, let us know in the comment section below.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.