After the launch of iPhone 14 and the stable version of iOS 16, the next thing users look forward to is the release date of iPadOS 16. And Apple has officially confirmed the launch of iPadOS 16 and it will be in October 2022.
According to the latest reports, iPadOS 16 will bring a plethora of new features, including improved multitasking and collaboration tools.
Additionally, iPadOS 16.1 will be the very first version of iPadOS 16 to be available to consumers. If you’ve been looking forward to this official launch, here’s what to expect.
When will iPadOS 16 be released?
The iPadOS 16 will be released in October 2022. Although the users previously thought that the iPadOS 16 would launch alongside iOS 16, Apple has pushed the release date by another month.
The main reason for the delay is that October will also witness the launch of a brand new entry-level iPad from Apple. So there are reports that the iPadOS 16 will be released along with the official launch of the new iPad.
How to get the iPadOS 16 beta?
While users will officially have to wait another month to access the stable iPadOS 16 version, the beta version is already available online.
Initially announced at the WWDC event in June, the software now has an official public beta for users to download and use.
If you’re considering downloading and using the beta version, we recommend that you don’t use it on a primary iPad that you use for daily work, as it’s not a stable version.
Which iPads support iPadOS 16?
The list of iPads that will get the new iPadOS 16 updates is:
- iPad Pro 12.9 (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11 (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11 (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11 (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5
- iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
What can users expect from iPad OS 16?
The all-new iPadOS 16 introduces a plethora of enhanced and advanced features for creators, business professionals and students, including:
- Redesigned home app for optimal access to home controls
- Add a separate My Sports section to Apple News
- Improved dictation efficiency for easier use
- Improved FaceTime features and functions
- Shared iCloud Libraries for easy sharing of photos and videos
- Improved email features, especially including scheduling
- Edit and undo messages from the app
- Included Live Text Feature in the Videos
These are a handful of the new features in iPadOS 16 that users can look forward to. So, until it is officially released, we recommend that you keep an eye on this space for further and official updates.