Excited for the new major software update iOS 16? Well, you have to wait until September to get this software update. As you may have heard, Apple is very persistent in developing next generation version like iOS and iPadOS. Apple plans to design this operating system to run on iPhone and iPad. There is still time left to roll out the new update, but as usual, Apple has already started testing the software so that appropriate changes can be made before the upcoming update. While iOS 16 still has a few months to go before release, Apple may announce this update at its upcoming WWDC 2022 event, which will be held in June 2022.
iOS 16 Leaks and Rumors
With iOS 16 still on the way, it’s hard to say what Apple has in store for us. However, as with most major tech releases, forecasts and leaks give us an idea of what to expect. According to Mark Gurman, a well-known Apple blogger, “there should be major improvements throughout the system,” which bodes well for the next major OS release.
- The new satellite-based emergency feature is probably the most notable feature of iOS 16. When activated, all supported iPhone models can send messages in emergency scenarios, even if no cellular network is available.
- It is rumored that iOS 16 will have a vehicle collision detection feature that will help your iPhone models recognize if you’ve been in a car accident.
- Notifications are expected to have a better meaning with iOS 16. Changes to Focus mode are expected.
- In iOS 16, Apple is expected to add the “Always-On Display” or AOD.
- The overhauled lock screen with widgets is one of the most interesting iOS 16 features. The lock screen may also contain “wallpapers with widget-like capabilities”.
- Apple also plans to release an updated Health app with improved sleep tracking and medication management.
- iOS 16 users can scan their pill bottles in the app and receive medication reminders thanks to the drug management feature.
- A completely redesigned Messages app with a new twist on the social network seems to be on the way with the iOS 16 upgrade. The audio communication will be the focus of the social network-like function.
- The new iOS 16 update gets support for 20 new languages.
- With this update, your iPhone will automatically generate captions for almost any audio material, including FaceTime calls, in real time. This should indicate that Siri Dictation is improving.
- You can mirror your Apple Watch on your iPhone.
- LiDAR equipped devices can identify doors by scanning text and assess the distance using the Magnifier app.
iOS 16 Release Date
iOS 16 may be released in September as the new iOS is usually released at the same time as the latest iPhone. If Apple holds its iPhone 14 event in September, as it normally does, iOS 16 will be released shortly after. iOS 16 along with iPadOS 16, watchOS 9, tvOS 16 and macOS 13 will be previewed at the WWDC 2022 keynote on June 6, then delivered to beta testers for further testing before being released to the general public in September 2022.
- iOS 16 announcement: June 6, 2022.
- First developer beta: June 6, 2022.
- Public Beta Release: early or mid-July 2022.
- Official publication: September 2022.
iOS 16 Supported Devices
According to the French website iPhoneSoft, an Apple developer has revealed that iOS 16 will be compatible with iPhones equipped with an A10 processor or higher. This applies to the iPhone 7 and later, but not to the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, or SE 2016. iPadOS 16 “probably” won’t work with the iPad Mini 4, iPad 5, iPad Air 2, or 9.7- and 12.9-inch either. iPad Pro.
Until next time, with a different topic. Until then, Toodles.