If you are new to the software and tech world and not sure what RC means, it stands for a release candidate build, which is nothing but the final build of the final software.
It is the last build to come before the major release. With Apple recently launching its iPad models, it’s not surprising that the brand is well on its way to releasing the highly anticipated iOS 16.1 software update.
Recent reports from Apple suggest that the RC version is currently in beta testing for the developers and public beta users. The enrolled users can now comfortably download the iOS 16.1 RC version from the Software Update menu.
In addition to iOS 16.1 RC, Apple will also launch the other RC versions of iPadOS 16.1, macOS Ventura RC, and watchOS 9.1 RC.
What are the new changes with iOS 16.1 RC?
iOS 16.1 comes as a mini-update after the release of iOS 16. This software update is expected to bring a variety of features, including changes to the appearance of the battery indicator, dynamic icon, and a number of other features to improve overall productivity.
Some of the major updates that come with the new iOS 16.1 RC update include:
- Live activities – Stay up to date with all the latest news right from the iPhone’s lock screen.
- Live Activity API – Get ride updates, track live activities, and track running sports game and scores right from the lock screen.
- apple wallet – With iOS 16.1, iPhone users can now remove Apple Wallet at their convenience for the first time. However, deleting the Apple wallet means that you will not be able to use the associated apps as well.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library – This allows iPhone users to easily share photo albums on iPhone and even invite them to collaborate on the albums.
- Charging with clean energy – Apple is consciously working on steps towards a greener world. The main purpose of clean energy charging is to reduce the carbon footprint of the iPhone you use.
With a wide range of new features coming with iOS 16.1, it’s not surprising that users are looking forward to the official public release of the software. Reports suggest that with iOS 16.1 RC available for beta testing to developers, the public version of the software will be available on October 24, 2022.