April 26, 2022: Apple releases 15.5 beta 3 to registered developers!
iOS 15.5 follows the iOS 15.4 release, with support for Face ID while wearing a mask, new emoji, Universal Control support for iPad and Mac, and much more. iOS 15.5 may be the last major upgrade to iOS 15, with Apple introducing iOS 16 at WWDC in June.
Apple is currently releasing iOS 15.5 beta 3 to developers, a week after the release of the second beta. Minor under-the-hood improvements, as well as upgrades to the Wallet app, Apple Cash, HomePod, and the App Store, are included in iOS 15.5.
The new iOS 15.5 beta 3 version is now available to developers via a wireless upgrade in the Settings app. As always, if the update doesn’t show up for download right away, keep checking as it may take a few minutes to reach all registered developers. The build number of iOS 15.5 beta 1 is 19F5062g. iOS 15.5 may be the last major upgrade to iOS 15.
Apple also released the following new version today:
- iPadOS 15.5 beta 3
- tvOS 15.5 beta 3
- HomePodOS 15.5 beta 3
- WatchOS 8.6 beta 3
- MacOS Monterey 12.4 Beta 3
Apple regularly releases upgrades to iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS through developer closed previews or public betas. While betas have new features, they also contain pre-release issues that could hinder regular use of your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Mac, and they’re not designed for everyday use on a primary device. Therefore, we strongly advise against using developer previews unless you need them for software development, and to use public betas with care. If you rely on your gadgets, you will have to wait for the final release.
IOS 15.5 BTA 3: WHAT’S NEW?
Other than fixing existing issues and improving system stability, there are no major changes in iOS 15.5 beta 3. That makes sense since the company is working on iOS 16 and iOS 15 has already released upgrades with the promised features.
Many of the changes in this beta are back-end in the code. Let’s list some of the potentially humorous changes in talks with iOS 15.5 Beta 3.
- This update consists largely of minor text changes. Apple has changed the expression ‘people using an Apple device’ to ‘contacts using an Apple device’.
- Apple continues to convert Apple Pay entries in iMessage to Apple cash.
- Before you can use the attachments, you must first upgrade your Home Hub software to the most recent version.
- Game Center: In betas one and two, you would get a game center popup every time you entered a game, even if you were already signed in. This was off-putting, but it’s been fixed in beta 3.
- The text of the car keys has been updated to indicate that you can access your car by holding your iPhone next to the door handle but also against the entire side mirror. Hold iPhone by the door handle or side mirror to unlock the vehicle.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD iOS 15.5 BETA 3 WITH PROFILE
Apple has released the third beta of iOS 15.5 for developers to test. Make sure you have an Apple developer account – you can’t download non-Xcode betas without an account. You can install the iOS beta on your iPhone by connecting it to iTunes, but you must run the Xcode beta first. If you’re already a beta tester, don’t refuse the update – at least it wouldn’t harm your iPhone. Here’s how to install iOS 15.5 beta 3.
- Go to developer.apple.com. > Click on the “Discover” tab.
- Click one of the operating system buttons in the top right corner of the screen. > Select Download.
- Log in with your developer account username and password.
- Navigate to the iOS 15 beta section and click the download button. This will start the iOS beta software profile download on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings. > Select Profile downloaded.
- Install should be selected. You may be asked to enter your passcode.
- Accept the consent form and click Install twice, once in the top right corner and once at the bottom of the screen.
- Restart your iPhone.
When your iPhone restarts, it will run the most recent beta version of iOS. However, some configuration will be required as the system has changed enough to require your login to complete the upgrade.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the password for your Apple ID. Wait a minute for the iCloud settings to refresh.
- Select “Get Started”.
- After that, you’ll be back on the home screen, ready to enjoy the latest iOS beta on your best iPhone.
We must warn you that you should make a backup before downloading the iOS 15.5 beta. If something goes wrong during the procedure, you can always revert to a previous stable version of iOS and get your iPhone up and running again.
If you notice any other changes or updates coming along with the iOS 15.5 Beta 3 version, let us know in the comments section.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.