Apple has given us so many features in our iPhone that we can think of. But how many of the features do we actually use in our daily lives? In this article, you will learn about one such feature, which is Sleep Timer. The Clock app in iOS includes a sneaky feature that lets you go to bed at night with audio on your iPhone, and it automatically stops playing after a certain period of time — ideally after you’ve fallen asleep. Isn’t this feature great?
It’s especially useful if you don’t want your iPhone to play an audiobook, playlist, or podcast series when you’re not awake to appreciate it. It can also help you save your battery and your data allocation if you stream music or radio via mobile.
You can let the sleep timer run for as long as you want, and at the end of the cycle, your phone will stop playing music, video, or whatever media is currently playing, turn off the screen and lock it device. If you want to fall asleep to entertainment late at night, you can rest assured that your phone will shut down and extend its battery life.
- Access the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. OR Go to Clock app and at the bottom right you will find the Timer option.
- Select the Timer option.
- Choose a time for your audio to play using the rotary controls.
- Tap when the timer runs out.
- Scroll all the way down and click Stop Playing.
- Set can be found in the top right corner of the screen.
- Use the Start button to start your timer.
- You can now put your iPhone to bed and turn off the screen. If the countdown is over and you haven’t gone to sleep yet, you can just continue listening to the audio that was playing and start the timer again.
That’s it folks! We hope you learned a new feature. There are many other features that may be useful to you. Check out our other posts to look for great new features and how to access them.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.