File sharing is now part of our everyday life. And it has become very easy to do this, with just a few clicks. We have Airdrop to share files between iOS devices, we have Bluetooth and other Google tools to share files between Android devices. But when it comes to switching files between Android and iOS, it’s tough because we’re talking about completely two different ecosystems.
It’s too much work if you want to share files between Android and iOS. But since the growing technology and features, we can get many alternatives to airdrop and Bluetooth that allow us to easily share our files between two different ecosystems. One of the alternatives that can be used is Snapdrop. It is a third-party service and very useful when it comes to sharing files between Android and iOS. It is an online website, so you don’t have to worry about downloading third-party applications. You can just go to your web browser and search for Snapdrop.
What is the Snap drop?
A simple and easy website for you to use, and it’s not like you have to upload stuff like dropbox or don’t share online or an online drive situation where you have to trust some provider for your data, it’s not . It is a simple website that any browser can use to identify different devices and share files with them. It is a desktop, web browser-based service that allows you to share files in a very fast way.
How to use Snap drop on iPhone to Android?
- Connect both the Android and iPhone device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser on both your iPhone and Android device.
- Go to the Snap drop website.
- Both devices are assigned a name.
- The name of another device also appears on your device. It indicates that a connection has been established between the devices.
- Tap the name of your iPhone device with whom you want to share the desired file.
- Tap choose files and select an option such as photo library if you want to share photos and videos or choose files if you want to share documents.
- Choose the files you want to share and click the Add option.
- Select Prompt to save each file before downloading to choose each file, or uncheck the box and tap the Save button to save all the files you receive.
What type of files can you share via Snap drop?
You can transfer any type of file such as images (jpg, png, jpeg, etc.), videos, PDFs, links, etc. There is no limitation for sharing any type of file. Any type of document sharing is compatible and can be shared between Android and iPhone via Snapdrop.
That’s it, folks! This is one of the easiest ways to share files between two different ecosystems without getting confused about downloading third-party apps on both devices. Simply open your web browser and start sharing files in no time. If you come across any other alternative to Snap drop, please share it in the comment section below.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.