So you came across a picture of a strange looking animal on the Internet. You want to know what species it is, but you don’t know what to look for. This is what the need is for Google Reverse image search comes into view.
Be it an animal, a place, a person or a product, a reverse image search can give you answers in seconds. It’s one of the best tricks Google has introduced. Instead of words, enter an image in the search bar to find more information about it.
How to Use Reverse Image Search iPhone Shortcut 2023
You can use Reverse Image Search on your iPhone. If you don’t know how it works, we’re here to help. Read this post to the end to learn how this Google trick works.
Guide to reverse image search on iPhone
There are more than one way to reverse the image search on your iPhone. We have explained all the methods below.
Method 1: Reverse image search with Safari image results
This is the easiest method to reverse image search on your iPhone. Just follow these steps and you’re good to go.
- Launch the Safari browser app on your phone.
- Go to ‘Google Imagesor images.google.com.
- Search the image with keywords.
- Select the image you want to use.
- You will see the Google Lens icon in the top right corner of the screen. Tap it.
- Adjust the crop tool to the object or detail in the image you want Google to search for.
- At the bottom you will see the search results.
Method 2: Reverse image search using Safari in the Photos app
You can also use this method to search for any image you want. Again, you need to open the Safari app. But instead of the search results, you choose the image from the Photos app.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Safari app on your phone.
- Go to ‘Google Images.’
- You will see the ‘Aa’ icon on the left side of the search bar. Tap it.
- Select the option ‘Request desktop website’.
- Tap the camera icon in the Google search box.
- Choose the ‘Upload an image’ option and then select ‘Choose file’.
- A pop-up menu will appear on the screen where you need to tap on ‘Photo Library’. Lets you choose a photo from the Photos app.
- You can also select the “Take Photo or Video” option to click a new photo.
- Now tap on ‘Choose’.
- Once the image is uploaded, you can view the search results.
Method 3: Reverse image search with Google Chrome from the search results
You can also do a reverse image search using Google Chrome.
- Open the Chrome app on your phone.
- Go to ‘Google Images.’
- Use relevant keywords to search for the desired image.
- Tap and hold on the image until you see the pop-up menu.
- Tap the “Search Google for this image” option.
- You can now view the search results to learn more about the object in the image.
Method 4: Reverse image search using Google Chrome in the Photos app
If you choose this method, you need to follow the steps below.
- Start by opening the Photos app.
- Then go to your photo library.
- Select the image you want to search for.
- Find the “Share” icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and tap it.
- Choose “Copy Photo” from the pop-up menu.
- Launch the Google Chrome app and double-tap the search bar.
- Select the ‘Search for copied image’ option.
- You can now browse the search results to see what you were looking for.
If you often use the reverse image search feature, keep in mind that the images stored in your iPhone gallery can reveal a lot of sensitive information about you. For example your location. So be careful when using this tool.
Google reverse image search can prove to be very useful if you use it properly. With this tool you never have to be curious again. No matter what kind of image it is, you can search more about it using reverse image search. Now that you are familiar with the steps, it should be easier for you to use the tool.