As of today, 1Password 8 for iOS is now available to the users. For those unfamiliar with 1password 8, it’s a simple application to easily organize your secure information in Safari, store and enter passwords, and have everything else at your fingertips. It protects your data and provides easy access to all your devices. With 1password, creating and sharing strong passwords is easier than ever. In short, it manages your entire digital life. To get 1password 8, you must have iOS 15.1 or later with a subscription.
What is 1password 8?
1password 8 can manage payment information, medical records and sensitive documents so you can access everything stored much faster. One password watchtower monitors the vulnerability and warns you about leaky logins, weak passwords, and opportunities to use two-factor authentication. You can use autofill to securely enter credentials into any app on your iOS device with a single click.
With 1password you can store everything from contracts to receipts to a copy of your will, keep your banking information safe and share it securely with everyone in your family, keep your driver’s license, keep your passport safe, back up your most important documents and much more.
How to use 1password 8 on iPhone?
How to set up 1password 8 for iOS
- Install 1Password on your device.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Passwords > Autofill Passwords from the menu.
- Enable Autofill Passwords.
- Choose 1Password.
Create new 1password 8 to login for iOS
- Tap the passkey icon at the bottom of the screen or at the top of the keyboard.
- Tap the plus sign and then type in a username.
- Enter your password in the password field.
- Tap Create a new password, adjust the settings, then tap Use to generate a password.
- When you’re done, click Save and Fill.
How to enable 1password 8 autofill credentials in Safari:
- Select an input field for username or password.
- Select the Sign In option at the top of the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen.
- If no matches are found, tap the passkey icon, search for your login and select the one you want to use.
Drag and drop credentials with 1Password 8 on iOS
- Drag your finger away from the field to see the details.
- Open another app with a second finger.
- Drag the item detail to the field to be filled in.
- Lift your finger to drop the text.
Other known features of 1Password 8:
You can quickly copy an item field if you pin it to the home screen. To do this, simply tap an item to see its details, then tap and hold the password field and select Pin to Home. Tap the home icon and then tap the field to copy the contents of a lot you pinned to the home screen.
You can customize what appears on the Home screen and Items tab. Tap the Home icon at the bottom of the screen to customize your home screen, then scroll down and tap Customize. You can toggle sections on and off and rearrange them. Tap Done when you’re done editing.
You can securely share passwords and other items stored in 1Password with anyone, even if they don’t use 1Password. Tap the item you want to share, then tap the three dots icon and select Share. You have control over when the link expires and who has access to it.
Is 1password 8 for iOS free?
Technically not! You can install 1password 8 from the App Store. The subscription cost if you want unlimited access is set at $3.99 per month. You get a free 30-day trial first. With this subscription, you get unlimited access on multiple platforms like iOS, macOS, Windows, Android etc.
With 1password 8 you can even organize your items, mark them as your favorites, archive and delete items, create secure notes of you, create custom groups of vaults, organize everything according to your need and much more. We definitely recommend buying 1password 8 for your iPhone.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.