We’ve become so familiar with unlocking iPhone with a touch or a glance that we’ve lost touch with our passcode. Then something like that happens, like you forget your passcode. After a few unsuccessful attempts, the iPhone is not available message appears. So, is it possible (unlock iPhone without passcode) to open it without entering the passcode? Luckily the answer is yes!! Don’t worry if you came here expecting a real new technique to unlock your smartphone; we do have a new method for you. It needs some setup, but well worth it. There are a few methods you can try. Let’s get into it then, shall we?
Methods to unlock iPhone without passcode
If you enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone lock screen too many times, you will receive a notification that your iPhone has been deactivated. If you don’t remember your passcode when you try again, put your iPhone into recovery mode using a computer. In recovery mode, you can remove iPhone and then set it up again.
You can restore your data and settings from a backup after you delete your iPhone. If you haven’t backed up your iPhone, you can set it up as a new device and then retrieve all data from iCloud.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac. If you are using Windows, make sure iTunes is installed in it.
- Turn off your iPhone using this particular method.
- For iPhone 8 and newer: Press and hold both the side buttons and the volume down button until the power off slider appears.
- For iPhone 7 and older: Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears.
- While your iPhone remains connected to your computer, release the Power button when you see the Apple logo, but keep holding the Home button until you see the “Connect to iTunes” message appear on the iPhone screen. The device has now rebooted into recovery mode.
- An iTunes notification will appear on your computer stating, “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored.” You will be asked if you want to restore or update the device. Choose “Restore” and then click OK. The iPhone will then be restored using iTunes.
- Your passcode will be erased followed by all your data being deleted. When this procedure is complete, the passcode will be removed from your iPhone and you should be able to set up and access your iPhone without entering the passcode.
Find my iphone
Find My iPhone allows users to erase a locked iPhone and thus escape iPhone password. It allows you to unlock your iPhone passcode without using a computer. If you need to activate Find My iPhone on your iPhone, you can unlock it without a password by following the instructions below.
- Open a browser window and sign in to your account at icloud.com.
- Once done, go to “All Devices” and choose your iPhone. If “Find My iPhone” is already enabled, it should appear in the list when you check it.
- Select “Erase iPhone” and then “Erase” to remove the forgotten/lost passcode; However, keep in mind that all data on your iPhone will be erased at the same time.
Aside from these steps where you really forgot your passcode, there are a few steps you can follow if you can’t remember your passcode, your Face ID isn’t working, or you’re just too lazy to enter the passcode. There are a few features on your iPhone that allow you to unlock your iPhone without typing a passcode or using a face ID.
Shortcuts allow users to create unique voice commands to launch programs and routines, with the aim of making using voice assistants seem more natural. With custom gestures, you could theoretically perform any task on your smartphone with a voice command. Adding an unlock voice command to Siri is a simple process.
- Enable voice control. You can find it under the accessibility settings or by searching for voice control in the search box.
- Create a new custom command.
- Enter the phrase you want to use to unlock your device. Like for example “Open”, but you can use whatever you want.
- Tap on “Perform Custom Gesture” and enter your passcode on the screen. For example, if your passcode is 1111, you must press the top left corner four times.
- When you’re done, save and try it out. Go to your lock screen and activate the gesture with your phrase.
- If you see that pressing a button is a little off or unresponsive, adjust the gesture until it’s just the way you want it.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.