Most of us rely on the iPhone passcode to prevent misuse of our iPhones in the hands of others. However, there are times when you desperately need to unlock your iPhone but the passcode is not working.
You may have forgotten the passcode or there may be a software problem that prevents you from unlocking the iPhone.
Looking for ways to unlock iPhone password without computer? We have picked out the best effective solutions for you to explore.
How to Unlock iPhone Passcodes Without Computers for Free?
1. Using Erase iPhone option
If you have forgotten your iPhone passcode, this is without a doubt the easiest way to unlock the device. The “Erase iPhone” option in the security exclusion window has been available since the release of iOS 15.2.
This option allows you to reset the iPhone, which allows you to bypass the iPhone passcode system altogether. However, you will lose all your data, so keep that in mind.
Here’s what to do:
- You must enter the wrong iPhone passcode seven times for the Security Lockout feature to appear.
- Once that appears, you will find the “Erase iPhone” option at the bottom.
- Click Erase iPhone.
- In the next popup, click Erase iPhone again.
- Then you need to enter your Apple ID for verification.
Once done, your device will be reset to factory settings. So make sure you are ready to lose all saved data. If you have an iCloud backup, you should be able to restore the data later.
2. Find My Customs
The next option to unlock iPhone passcode without a computer is to use the Find My app. It allows you to remotely wipe your iPhone’s data, essentially doing a factory reset, which will unlock your iPhone again.
The “Erase It With Ease” feature on Find My is the latest feature that helps you fix iPhone unlock errors.
Here’s what to do:
- Open iCloud on your mobile and enter the Apple ID and password to sign in.
- After the successful login, click on Find My feature and you will need to enter your Apple ID and password again. Tap Login.
- Under ‘All devices’, choose the device that is locked.
- Click Erase iPhone and then click Erase to confirm.
- Then you need to enter the password for verification. You will receive a verification code, so enter that too.
- Enter your mobile number and click Next, then click Done.
This will start the reset process and you should be able to access your iPhone once the whole wiping process is done.
3. Using Siri
Not many users know this technique, but it works quite well. However, it works on certain iPhone models. If your iPhone is running from iOS 8 to iOS 10.1, you can use this technique to unlock your iPhone.
Here’s what to do:
- Activate Siri
- Ask Siri “What time is it at your location?” This will open the world clock widget on the iPhone screen.
- Click on the widget and tap the “+” icon in the top right corner.
- When you add a new world clock, you have the choice to share this new clock feature.
- Click on that and then tap on the “Message” option. You don’t need to write anything in the message body. Add random characters in the To section.
- Add Siri as a new contact where you can enter first name, photo, etc. in the interface.
- Click the Add Photo option and choose a photo from the photo library. Doing so will have Siri unlock your iPhone for you.
You can then tap the home button and change the settings on your iPhone to the latest credentials so you don’t forget the passcode in the future. Face or Touch ID is the best alternative.
These are some of the effective ways you can unlock your locked iPhone if you forgot the passcode. Things may seem a bit complicated. However, with the right tricks, you should be able to navigate these issues in no time. Only choose the first two tips if you have a backup of your data. If you don’t mind losing the data, you can still proceed.