If you are setting up a new iPhone, or if you accidentally deleted some contacts on your device, this guide provides several solutions to transfer contacts to your iPhone. We provide several steps for you to use when copying contacts from an old iPhone to a new iPhone, switching from Android to iPhone, as well as information on how to copy Windows contacts to your iPhone.
Solution 1. Transfer iPhone, Android and Windows contacts to your iPhone with Contact Transfer app
If you have contacts on an old device, such as an old iPhone, an Android phone, or your Windows PC, that you want to copy to your iPhone, we recommend using the Contact Transfer app for Windows.
The advantage of using this app is that you don’t have to erase your iPhone to copy your contacts. You can use the Contact Transfer app at any time to copy some missing or recently deleted contacts to your iPhone. Copying contacts is done securely via your own PC, eliminating the need for cloud storage.
The Contact Transfer app discussed in this guide is a complete contact manager that allows you to add, edit and delete contacts on your iPhone from your PC so that you can continue to use the app even when the contacts transfer is completed.
How to copy contacts from your old iPhone to your new iPhone with Contact Transfer
- Download the Contact Transfer installation on your PC.
- In Contact Transfer, select the iOS device as your source and the iOS device as your destination.
- Connect your iPhones to your PC via USB cables and click Continue.
- Select the contacts you want to copy from one iPhone to another. You can also click the All checkbox to copy all contacts.
- Click Transfer in Contact Transfer and wait for the app to finish copying contacts from one iPhone to another.
- Disconnect both iPhones from your PC and view your newly copied contacts on your new iPhone.
How to copy contacts from your Android phone to your iPhone with Contact Transfer
If you have an Android device from which you want to copy your contacts to your iPhone, the Contact Transfer app can also help. Just follow the steps below…
- In the Contact Transfer app, select Android device as your source and iOS device as your destination device and click Continue.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
- To connect your Android device to your PC via Wi-Fi, you need to install Contact Transfer Android app from Google Play Store on your Android.
- Open the Contact Transfer app on your Android device and tap “Scan Contact Transfer QR Code”. Then use your device’s camera to scan the QR code displayed in Contact Transfer on your computer.
- Choose the contacts you want to copy from your Android phone to your iPhone and click Transfer.
- contacts from your Source.
Use Contact Transfer to copy contacts from your PC to your new iPhone
To transfer your contacts from your PC to your new iPhone, choose This PC as the source device in Contact Transfer, while the target device remains an iOS device.
You can choose to copy your contacts from Windows Contacts, or copy vCard files from your PC as below. Click Continue, select the contacts you want to copy, and click Transfer in Contact Transfer.
Solution 2: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
iCloud backups are great because they can help you quickly copy your data from cloud storage to your new iPhone. The main problem is that the amount of free cloud storage available to your device is limited: 5 GB of iCloud storage is free. Also, unlike the Contact Transfer app above, you can’t choose which contacts to transfer.
To transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud, first backup your iPhone to iCloud as described below…
- In Settings on your iPhone, choose your name and tap iCloud.
- Make sure your contacts are backed up to iCloud.
- Turn on iCloud backup and then tap “Back Up Now”.
Then restore your new iPhone from iCloud backup…
- Tap Settings on your new iPhone.
- Choose General > Transfer or Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone > Set Up iPhone. On the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud and select the backup you just created.
Solution 3: Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone with Apple’s Move to iOS App
If you have a brand new iPhone that you want to transfer your Android contacts and other data to, try Apple’s “Move to iOS” app.
The app will transfer your contacts, messages, camera photos, videos, files, web bookmarks, email accounts and calendars from your Android device to your iPhone. Here’s how to achieve it…
- Turn on your new iPhone, connect it to power and your Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your Android phone to your Wi-Fi and download the Move to iOS app on it from the Google Play Store.
- Start setting up your iPhone. When you get to the “Apps and data” step, tap on “Move data from Android”.
- Your iPhone displays a one-time security code.
- Open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone and enter the one-time security code if necessary.
- Choose the types of data you want to transfer from your Android device to your iPhone, make sure contacts are selected and tap Done on your Android phone and Continue on your iPhone.
- Finish setting up your iPhone.
As described in this article, there are plenty of ways to transfer contacts to your new iPhone. We have discussed several methods to copy contacts from your old iPhone, Android phone and Windows PC to your new device.
We recommend using the Contact Transfer app as a simple, all-in-one contact transfer solution, as well as for future use as a comprehensive contact manager that allows you to add, edit, and delete contacts on your iPhone from your Windows -pc.