Connect a buddy to your Wi-Fi network quickly and securely by sending your password directly from your iPhone to theirs.
Apple’s next major iOS 16 update will address two major changes that Wi-Fi users have had for years: you can view your Wi-Fi network password and erase old networks from your history. You can even share your Wi-Fi password with whoever you want. We usually choose the toughest passwords for our Wi-Fi to keep it secure and accessible to no one. At the same time, sharing passwords with your friends and family can be challenging. This is where Apple comes to our rescue. Apple has created a system that allows you to easily share a Wi-Fi network with other Apple customers.
But let me tell you an easier method that I would definitely prefer, which is just copy and paste. (This method also works with iPhone to Android device.)
How to Share Wi-Fi Password on iPhone in iOS 16
- Update your iPhone to iOS 16.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to your Wi-Fi network.
- Here you will see a new section called Password, tap it to see your password.
- A copy popup will appear, tap copy and send the copied password to your friend via SMS. Or any other method you choose to send the copied password.
You can also follow the steps below to share your password via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. (This method only works if both devices are iPhones.)
- Both devices need to be updated to the latest version.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices.
- Both devices must have an Apple ID email address stored in their contact list.
- Place your iPhone side by side.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to on your friends iPhone.
- You will see a tab open on your device.
- Click the Share Password button.
- The second device is now connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Click the Done button at the end.
With this method, you can now easily share your Wi-Fi password without having to dictate the entire password to your colleagues. Isn’t this just simple and amazing. Try this method and let us know in the comments section if it worked for you, or which method you found easiest to follow.
Until next time, with a different topic. Until then, Toodles.