iPhones are great, especially when it comes to efficiency of use. However, you can’t deny that storage is a big problem, especially with the base models. If you’re someone who’s running out of storage space on your iPhone, chances are you’re deleting things from the phone that you don’t think are relevant anymore. And that’s fine.
But what if you accidentally deleted an important message from your iPhone that you need at a later date? If you have done this and you want to get your deleted messages back, there are certain ways to do the same.
This article discusses the different ways that you can view recently deleted messages on your iPhone without any hassle.
How to see recently deleted messages on iPhone?
1. Use iCloud
iCloud is here to keep track of all your important messages, photos, and videos. It is a cloud-based backup system that you must have access to. However, you must have your iCloud backup enabled because that makes all the difference.
If your iCloud backup is not enabled, chances are you will not be able to recover the deleted messages on your iPhone. However, if iCloud is turned on and it has backed up the message you accidentally deleted, you can get it out of the backup.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Select iCloud and then make sure the iMessages are backed up to your iCloud. Make sure the switch is turned on.
- From there, tap iCloud Backup.
- From there, you can check for recent backups stored on your iCloud. After confirming that a recent backup has been made, go back to the main settings.
- From there, go to General.
- Scroll down to Reset or Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”
- You must enter your iCloud password for verification.
- Once the iPhone is factory reset, you can choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” during the setup process
- You need to sign in to iCloud to access your backups from there.
And that’s how you can retrieve the deleted messages on your iPhone with iCloud.
2. Using iTunes or Finder
The next method you can use to see a recently deleted message on your iPhone is to use the iTunes or Finder app. It works a lot like iCloud as you have to have a backup sorted for it to happen.
Here’s what to do:
- Connect your iPhone to a PC.
- From there, open the iTunes or Finder app, whichever you think has the backup from which you can restore the messages.
- In the iTunes app, tap the phone icon, then select Summary.
- If you’re using the Finder app, click your iPhone’s name under Locations.
- Tap “Restore Backup” and from there your old texts should appear on your iPhone.
If you can’t find the deleted messages, chances are the device hasn’t backed up those messages, so you won’t be able to recover them after they’ve been deleted.
3. Using Carrier
This is a hit or miss because not every carrier has the ability to retrieve the messages you just deleted. You can contact the carrier’s customer support directly. Some of them keep track of your incoming and outgoing text messages and calls.
As we said, this is your last resort and not the most fruitful because the information you ask for is often sensitive and the carrier doesn’t just give it away.
And that is one of the best ways to recover the deleted messages from your iPhone. Make sure you are aware of what you are deleting, especially when it comes to messages. We do not recommend using third party recovery software for this as they are often paid and do not produce successful results.