Do you ever feel like you sometimes forget to send an important text message? It could be a reminder for a doctor’s appointment with your kids or parents, or a birthday wish that you’re too busy to take time out from work and send a birthday text, maybe a reminder for a meeting about a week. Things happen, we are human beings after all, but when we have such great technology and features from Apple, why not take full advantage of it. So yes, this feature that allows you to automatically send a text message without actually sending it is called scheduling a text message.
For starters, Apple doesn’t actually have a built-in feature or specific app for this feature. Instead, we have to work our way through and use shortcuts. I’m sure many of you didn’t even know what the shortcuts app did exactly, well this could be a start then.
The Shortcuts app is an excellent method to automate tasks on your iPhone. Shortcuts app allows you to do a lot of complex yet simple automation like iMessage with delayed time where you can enter the time and date the message should be sent as well as the text content of the recipient. If everyone is busy in their live shortcuts app, this can come in handy by making things easier. For those who want to schedule a text message for future references, then this article is for you. With the Shortcuts app on your iPhone, you can easily schedule a text message to write your text, select a group or person you want to send the text to and when. In this way, you can enter the information and live freely without worrying about forgetting to send important text messages
How to schedule a text message on iOS 16
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Click the Automation icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Click the plus icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click the Create Personal Automation option.
- On the New Automation menu page, choose the prompt for your text message, such as Time of Day.
- Select a time to send your SMS by clicking the Time – of the day button. You can also choose from the other two choices available, Sunrise and Sunset.
- Now go to the repeat area of your screen and choose the desired settings from Weekly, Daily and Monthly.
- If you select Weekly or Monthly, format the days as desired.
- Press the Next button.
- Select Send message from the list of suggestions for next action.
- A new action page appears. To enter your automated text message, click on Message, which is located next to the Send Message option.
- Add your recipients by selecting Recipients in the same text area.
- After that, tap on Done option.
- Then select the Next option.
- Enable the Ask Before Running option if you want your iPhone to ask you whether you want to run this automation with your permission or not.’
- Tap the Done option.
- You can now find your scheduled text in your Automation tab.
To delete an automation, simply swipe left on the automation and click the Delete option.
That’s it, folks! I hope you learned something new today. Scheduling text will surely make your work much easier and you will not forget any more important text from now on as you master text scheduling on your iOS 16 device. You can also download a third-party application to perform this task, but why bother when you have such features on your iPhone device that can make things smoother for you. Let us know your thoughts on this feature on your iPhone in the comment section below.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.