You can recover all lost or deleted data on your iPhone device, be it contacts, videos, pictures, notes, audio recordings, etc., but this requires you to reset your iPhone. It is actually very simple and can be restored very easily if you have backed up your data before. There are many methods through which you can restore your backup to your iPhone. Below are two official ways to do it from iTunes or Settings app.
How to restore iPhone from backup?
For this method to work you will need a computer/laptop/Mac and a USB cable. Backup storage is possible via iTunes software. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes software installed.
- First, you need to connect your iPhone to a computer with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes software on your computer. If you don’t have iTunes, you’ll need to install it.
- On the iTunes app screen, you will see an icon that resembles a phone. Click on that icon.
- Make sure Find My iPhone is turned off on your iPhone.
- Find the Restore iPhone button on the screen and click it.
- A popup will appear on the screen asking you to confirm whether you want to restore iPhone or not.
- Click the Restore option to confirm.
- When the Terms and Conditions window opens, click Next and agree.
- Wait for the reset to complete.
- After the reset, a window will open asking you to either set up as a new iPhone or restore from a backup.
- Click Restore from this backup option and select the most recent backup from the drop-down menu.
- Press Continue to continue the process.
- By clicking continue, iTunes will start the data transfer process on your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will now restart.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- And that it. It’s finished. This process restores your iPhone’s settings and data.
To use the iPhone’s settings:
You can get your data backed up through the settings app by resetting your iPhone to factory settings. It is a very simple method and only takes a few minutes to do.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General.
- Click on Reset option.
- Choose the Erase All Content and Settings option.
- Unlock your iPhone by entering your passcode.
- Click Erase iPhone.
- Your iPhone will now restart. Follow the steps accordingly.
- If prompted, click Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
- Click Next.
- Agree to all terms.
- Choose which backup you want to restore.
- After following these steps, your iPhone will now restore the backup from iCloud.
So this is it! Follow the steps above and your backup will be restored without any problem. You can choose any method as you see fit. This method only works if you have backed up your data before. If you are having trouble restoring your backup or if an error occurs, you should contact Apple Support Care immediately, otherwise there is a chance that you will lose all your data with just one wrong move.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.