Wallpapers On iOS 16 came a lot of customization features for iPhone lock screen. After you upgrade to iOS 16, you will be given the option to create multiple lock screens, switch between them, and customize them to your liking.
How to get the iOS 16 lock screen back to normal
However, not everyone is happy with these lock screen options. If you don’t want a wallpaper on the lock screen, no problem. You can remove them by following a few simple steps. Read this post to know how to go about it.
Remove wallpapers on iOS 16
The iPhone lock screen gallery interface is somewhat similar to Apple Watch. If you have an Apple Watch, you know better.
How to remove a lock screen wallpaper on iOS 16
Until remove backgrounds on iOS 16you need to follow these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is unlock your iPhone with Face ID or Touch ID.
- Press and hold the lock screen button to open the wallpaper gallery.
- Select the wallpaper you want to remove.
- Swipe your fingers up on the wallpaper you just chose.
- You will see a red trash can icon appear on the screen. Tap it.
- Select ‘Delete’ when prompted.
How to replace the existing wallpaper without deleting it?
Instead of adding new wallpapers to your lock screen, you can replace your existing wallpaper with a new one. The good thing is that you can customize both your home screen and lock screen wallpapers individually. We’ve covered the steps for both in the section below.
Replace your home screen wallpaper:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select ‘Wallpaper’.
- You will be taken to a new page where you will see the examples of your home screen on the right side.
- Select the ‘Customize’ option.
- A new pop-up will appear on the screen where you need to select the ‘Customize current wallpaper’ option.
- You will see a lot of customization options. Make the desired changes and go to the next step.
- Scroll down and tap “Photos.”
- You will be taken to your iPhone library. Here you can choose a wallpaper of your choice and set it as your new home screen background.
- When you’re done, select “Done.”
- The selected wallpaper appears in the Customize screen. Tap Done again.
That’s all, you’re done. You have successfully replaced your existing wallpaper without deleting it.
Replace your lock screen wallpaper:
- You need to unlock your iPhone by pressing the side button and showing your face to your phone. Once the screen is unlocked, stay there and don’t go to the home screen.
- Long press anywhere on your lock screen to enter edit mode.
- Select ‘Edit’. You’ll find this option at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you reach the Customize screen, you’ll see all the lock screen elements in a single box at the top of the screen.
- Go to the bottom left corner of your screen and select ‘Pictures Icon’.
- The iPhone library opens. Now select a background image that you like.
- The selected image appears in the Adjust screen.
- Adjust or move the background with two fingers.
- When you’re done, select “Done.”
- You will be presented with two options: ‘Set as Wallpaper Pair’ and ‘Customize Home Screen’. If you choose the former, the same image will be used for both your lock screen and home screen. If you choose the latter, you can individually customize your home screen wallpaper.
It’s fun trying out the new customization options in iOS 16. You can set multiple lock screens, change wallpapers and more. If you are not happy with your phone wallpaper, you can remove it by following the steps explained in this guide.