We always want to capture the perfect moment and save it as our memories. And today we capture beautiful and meaningful moments with our iPhones instead of cameras. However, smartphones are not flawless and we can experience photo loss at any time for any reason, especially with the most recent iOS upgrade. Data is lost almost every day. It’s no different when it comes to your iPhone.
Can you recover deleted photos without backup?
Absolute. You can get back your lost photos even if you don’t have an iCloud or iTunes backup. However, the chance of recovery varies from case to case. In general, if you immediately stopped using your device and take the help of a data recovery tool after experiencing data loss, it will more (maybe all) recover your deleted data; however, if you continue to use your device after you lose data, you are less likely to recover your deleted photos.
Can you recover photos from last year?
To be honest, it can’t be estimated, because sometimes you can recover images that you deleted a long time ago (maybe last year), but in some cases you can’t even recover photos that you deleted only recently. Actually, it all depends on whether or not the photos have been overwritten. Different data is kept on iPhone in different ways, so some can be erased easily while others can be kept for a longer period of time.
How to recover photos on iPhone?
If you accidentally deleted pictures from your iPhone, you can generally quickly recover them from the Recently Deleted folder. You can also recover irreversibly deleted photos from a previous backup. Even if you don’t have a backup, you can recover your deleted images using third-party iPhone recovery software.
In many cases, you may also accidentally delete images that you want to retrieve. Therefore, if you delete an image, it will be moved to another photo album in the Photos app called “Recently Deleted”. This folder contains all images deleted in the last 30 days. These photos are stored on your iPhone for 30 days before being permanently destroyed. Follow the given steps to recover recently deleted images on iPhone.
- Open the Photos app and go to the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- Select the images you want to recover and press the ‘Recover’ button.
- The images will be restored to their original albums.
Before trying any other methods, opt for this option as chances are you will find your deleted images here. If it is more than 30 days, you can look for other options to get your images.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable, then select Trust the computer on your iPhone.
- In iTunes, click the “Device” icon and select “Summary”.
- Select a backup by clicking “Restore Backup”.
- Select “Recover” to start recovering pictures and other types of data from your iPhone.
- On your computer, go to https://www.icloud.com/.
- Enter your username and password to access.
- Select “Photos” on the web page after logging in. Select the “Recently Deleted” album.
- You have a list of images that will be deleted within the next 40 days or less.
- Choose the photo we want to recover and click “Recover”.
- It will also be restored to iPhone once synced back to iCloud service.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS:
1. TenorshareUltData for iOS
TenorshareUltData is a third-party iOS recovery tool that can recover deleted photos from your iPhone even if you have completely erased them. This recovery software can recover a wide variety of file types and formats, including iTunes backup files and iCloud backup files, as well as images. This is without a doubt the easiest and most efficient technique to recover deleted photos from iPhone permanently.
- Install TenorshareUltData.
- Connect your iPhone and then choose “Recover from iOS Device”.
- Select ‘Photos’ and then press the ‘Start Scan’ button.
- Choose the photos you want to recover and press the ‘Recover’ button.
- The chosen photos will be delivered to your iPhone.
2. iMyFone D-Back
The iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery program is a handy app that can recover deleted data from your iOS device without backup, including deleted images. It can help you recover lost data from iTunes and iCloud backups. Unlike instantly recovering lost photos from iCloud or iTunes backup, you can save the recovered photos to your PC with D-Back so they won’t affect the existing data on your device.
- Install iMyFone D-Back on your computer.
- Recover from iOS Device > Home.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and once the application detects it, click Next to search for all the images on your iPhone.
- Select the data types you want to recover, in this case Photo.
- When the scan is complete, a window will appear listing all the photos that can be retrieved. Select which photo you need.
- You can also select “Show only deleted files” to display only deleted photos.
- After choosing the photos you want, click Recover to complete the process.
3. RESET AND BACKUP
The downside to this strategy is that you have to replace everything else on your phone — applications, data, text messages, and so on — with a previous backup, which you may not want to do.
- Make sure you have a full backup of your iPhone.
- Do a factory reset then restore the phone to a backup containing the lost photos.
- To reset, go to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset”. Tap “Erase All Content and Settings” to reset your iPhone.
- Set up your iPhone and on the Apps & Data page, select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, then select “Choose Backup.”
- Use the most recent iCloud backup to restore your iPhone.
- After the recovery is complete, check the Photos app to see if the lost photos have been recovered.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.