The Apple Watch series has finally lived up to the public’s expectations with so many features on board with every other software update. And when it comes to fitness, Apple Watch can be your partner by always tracking your health, calories and workouts. I wouldn’t be surprised if people go out of their way to get Apple Watch. If you have also recently acquired an Apple Watch and are looking for a way to put the Apple Watch in pairing mode, then you have come to the right place. In this article, I can walk you through the process of putting your Apple Watch into pairing mode and setting it up.
Put Apple Watch in pairing mode
Before you set up your device to pair with your iPhone, make sure to check what version of an iPhone you have and also what iOS version the phone is updated to.
- Apple Watch series 1 and series 2 are compatible with iPhone 5 or later running iOS 10 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 3 is compatible with an iPhone 6s or later running iOS 13 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 4 with LTE is compatible with iPhone 6 or later, and non-LTE is compatible with iPhone 5s. Both require iOS 12 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 5 is compatible with iPhone 6s or later running iOS 13 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 6 is compatible with iPhone 6s or later running iOS 14 or later.
Before putting your Apple Watch into pairing mode, make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS and connected to the same Wi-Fi or cellular network with a good internet connection, and that Bluetooth is also turned on. You need to keep your Apple Watch close to your iPhone during this process.
- First, put on your Apple Watch and press and hold the side button to turn it on. When it is on, you will see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Hold your iPhone close to your Apple Watch until you see a message pairing screen appear.
- Then tap Continue on your iPhone.
- Select the options set for myself.
- If you don’t see the screen, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap start pairing.
- The Apple Watch app opens the camera to scan.
- Point your iPhone camera at the animation that looks like a blue cloud particle on your Apple Watch.
- Then wait for a message that your Apple Watch is paired.
- If you have another Apple Watch paired, you’ll be prompted to make it your new Apple Watch. Click continue.
- You can even customize settings according to your need.
- Agree to all terms and conditions when prompted.
- Select the option to share analytics or not share analytics according to your needs.
- Create a passcode when prompted. You can skip this step if you don’t want to create a passcode.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on how to set up your Apple Watch.
- When you’re done, click OK.
- If you want to restore a backup of the previous Apple Watch, you can click the Restore from backup option.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.