The software market has received a strong impetus for improvement in recent years through the active development of information technology. More than five billion people around the world use mobile gadgets today.
Modern mobile technologies are widely used everywhere. Tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices are essential in personal life, at home and at work. For example, a person can quickly write and send an email, scan a necessary document, receive an important fax on a mobile phone, and so on. With the proliferation of mobile devices, such a direction of software as mobile applications has gained great popularity.
Mobile technologies are the latest and most relevant trend in the development of the information technology market for business process automation. iPhones are increasingly permeating the corporate environment, turning personal mobile devices into work tools for many managers and employees. As a result, business and organizational leaders are thinking about how to centrally implement and use these technologies in the best interest of the business.
The development of business applications for mobile devices is necessary to promote goods or services to a wide audience. According to Reteno articles, in-app messages can successfully handle this task. Creating an application that takes into account the interests of potential users will increase loyalty and trust in the brand and help optimize the performance of the tasks to be solved. For example, mobile banking makes it possible to monitor, pay bills, transfer money, etc.
Practice shows that the development of mobile applications is relevant in various industries. These include online stores, transportation services, cafe and restaurant chains, corporate communications, etc. If you are interested in these, read more about the benefits and features of iPhone app development below.
The main benefits of developing a business iPhone app are as follows:
- Accessibility. People regularly use iPhones for various tasks (reading news, shopping, communicating with friends, etc.). By creating an effective mobile application, you launch a convenient sales and communication channel for your target audience;
- Flexible ad format. Unobtrusive ad inserts can be integrated into the mobile application. This does not affect the usability of the interface. So you can even make a profit with a free application;
- Great coverage. According to research, today many more people use mobile phones than PCs. About 5 billion people have an iPhone or even several such devices. In this regard, mobile platform applications have great growth potential;
- Room for innovative solutions. Thanks to fast communication standards, large computing power and a set of iPhone multimedia modules, the mobile application is an excellent space for implementing various innovative solutions;
- Convenient payment process. It is possible to link paid options in the mobile application. At the same time, users can easily pay for services without any setup and data entry;
- Fast support. Mobile app users can ask questions, receive tips and find relevant information at any time.
iPhone Application Development: A Step-by-Step Guide and Useful Tips
The iPhone application development process can be divided into several stages:
- Analysis. In the first phase it is necessary to analyze the target group and the market and study demand. It is recommended to update the customer profile. Based on the market research conducted, you need to choose a strategy to create an application on iOS;
- Drafting specifications and prototypes. The phase implies the creation of a detailed technical order for the implementation of the project. The job description should describe all the nuances of development;
- Final planning and cost estimate. This is the last of the preparatory steps before creating your iPhone application. At this stage, the development deadlines are determined and key points are established. The tasks should be divided into intervals of a week or two. Each time has its own goals;
- Design development. Depending on the complexity of the project, one designer and a team led by an art director may participate in the creation of layouts. The involvement of the team and the art director is justified in cases where it is necessary to develop a unique design concept. In other cases, you can use unique design templates and layouts for a specific project;
- Application development. This is the most important stage where developers write code and implement the functionality of the project. To shorten the development time, the programming must be carried out in the chosen framework;
- To test. For proper operation of the application after launch, it is worth testing the functionality and design before publishing. Testing for the iOS OS is usually faster because it has a much smaller number of devices than, say, the Android OS;
- Publication in the app store. This is the last step in creating the iPhone app, but it’s not easy. First you need to register a developer account, which is moderated. Moderation can take up to a month, so such an account should be prepared in advance. In addition, the moderation of the app itself will be quite serious, so it is worth paying special attention to each stage of development to avoid rejection of the application.
Once the application is launched, the work is not finished. It can be improved by adding new functions and features.
The development of iPhone applications from scratch should be based on a number of rules. First, it is necessary to provide a convenient interface on different screens. Secondly, it is advisable to ensure the stability of the application on different versions of the operating system. Thirdly, it is important to consider all the requirements of the App Store Review Guidelines when publishing an app, etc.
In fact, the list of requirements is quite large. In addition, it can be extended depending on the type of application. But by following the main development principles described in this article, really high quality products can be generated.