Despite the benefits of using an iOS device, it also comes with many limitations. Therefore, there is a peak demand for good quality iOS emulators on the internet. If you are looking for ways to download and install Retroarch iOS 15 without jailbreak, we have listed all the information for you.
RetroArch has gained immense popularity as an iOS emulator and if you are looking for ways to install it on your iOS 15 device, wait until the end of the article for all the information.
What is RetroArch?
Before we walk you through the download and installation process, let’s get familiar with RetroArch and what it is.
RetroArch, as we mentioned earlier, is an emulator for iOS devices. It is especially useful for emulating various popular games that are otherwise unavailable on iOS platforms. Games like Super Mario, Food Fight, etc. are available on this platform.
So if you want to enjoy retro console games on your iOS device, RetroArch is a platform that streamlines that process for you. The platform combines multiple types of consoles, streamlining the gaming experience on an iOS device.
What are the requirements to run RetroArch?
Now you’re sitting there wanting to download and install RetroArch on your iOS 15 device. But is it even possible? Does your device meet the pre-requirements?
Some of the requirements that you absolutely cannot be without:
- Windows or MacOS
- Retro Arch IPA
- Cydia Impacteur
- Working internet connection
- USB cable
- iOS over iOS 7
- Devices higher than iOS 5
- Enough storage space in the device
If you are sure that you have all the necessary prerequisites, you can proceed with the installation process.
What are the features of RetroArch?
Since there are so many different iOS emulators available online, why choose RetroArch? This is a common question that most users have.
If you’re in the same boat, let us walk you through all the key features:
- It has a simple and easy to navigate user interface
- The emulator is user-friendly and perfect for beginners to use
- It works with both Android and iOS platforms
- It also works with leading game consoles
- A great alternative to other game emulators
If all of these seem enticing to you, let us walk you through the installation process in the next section of the article.
How do I install RetroArch on iOS 15 without jailbreak?
If you are not a big fan of jailbreaking your iPhones, follow the mentioned steps to install RetroArch on your iOS 15 device.
- Open your iPhone and open Safari
- Download the Cyrus installer from their official website
- Once installed, navigate to the app’s home screen and click on the three dots to open the Apps section
- Under that, tap on the “Emulators” section.
- Find RetroArch in the list and click on it
- Once you click on it, tap Install Next. This will start the installation process.
When you’re done, the RetroArch app should be available on your iPhone’s home screen. You will then have access to all the retro games you want to play.
What are some other ways to download RetroArch?
If the above method doesn’t work for you on iOS 15, there are two other ways you can download RetroArch to your device.
- Using Cydia Impactor
Cydia impactor is a third party app store, which you need to download from their official website. You need to install it on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Once the installation is done, the next step is to connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
- You can check the Cydia impactor to make sure your device is connected or not.
- Once confirmed, drag and drop the RetroArch IPA file into the Cydia Impactor
- You may need to enter your Apple ID for verification
- Once done, you should be able to open RetroArch from your home screen once the installation is complete.
Make sure to wait for the installation to complete before attempting to access the app to play your favorite games.
- Using tweak box
Another third-party app store that works effortlessly is Tweakbox. It works pretty much the same as the Cyrus installer so follow the steps as mentioned:
- Download tweakbox to your iPhone with iOS 15
- Once the installation is complete, you need to open the app and navigate to the Apps category
- Click Search and type RetroArch to find the app
- Once you find it, tap Install and wait for the app to install on your iPhone.
Once done, you can tap it to open the app and then use it at your leisure.
That concludes all the information you need to know about RetroArch and how to install it on your iOS 15 device. When downloading from third party app stores, make sure to download them only from the official platforms.