We all get tired of the same old standard system and formatting on our smartphones. We try to customize it in every way, be it wallpapers or widgets or customizing the home screen. And if we reformat our smartphones according to our choices, why leave the keyboard behind? We get the same standard keyboard on every smartphone and it doesn’t take much effort to make the keyboard interesting. In addition, getting a different keyboard can also give you many other features than the stock keyboard. You may find many third-party apps for the keyboard, some are free, some are paid. One of the keyboards I would like to share with you is Swiftkey.
Swiftkey is a keyboard application available on both Android and iOS. It replaces your standard keyboard and gives you a newly designed keyboard. Swiftkey provides us with additional features, such as swipe from letter to letter to type with Swiftkey flow, auto-correction that learns according to your writing style, so it can suggest words as you type.
Unfortunately, you’ve had to say goodbye to the Swiftkey keyboard. Swiftkey was the one that was always updated, but it hasn’t been updated for a year now. The reason for not updating the app is that Microsoft is now officially discontinuing Swiftkey from all iOS devices like iPhones and iPad. Chris Wolfe, Director of Product Management at Swiftkey, has announced that the application will be pulled from the Appstore on October 5. But the application continues to work on Android devices.
For users who have previously installed Swiftkey on their devices, they can use this application unless and until they manually remove Swiftkey from their iPhones.
Download Swiftkey on iOS?
The following method will only work if you have previously installed Swiftkey on your device. Please note that this method works without updates and some devices will not allow you to sign up for a new account as Microsoft has already pulled the plug on Swiftkey.
- Go to the Appstore on your iPhone.
- Under the today page, click on your profile in the top right corner.
- Click purchased.
- Search for Swiftkey.
- Install the Swiftkey application on your device.
- Launch the Swiftkey application.
- Click get started.
- Log in with your email address and password.
- After logging in, you need to enable the keyboard.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click General > Keyboard.
- Tap the keyboard option.
- Click Add New Keyboard.
- Tap Swiftkey in the list of third-party applications.
- Go back to the keyboard option.
- Tap the hotkey.
- Enable the Allow Full Access option.
- Click Allow when the popup appears.
- Now open your on-screen keyboard.
- Click the globe icon on the keyboard.
- Select Swiftkey from the pop-up list.
If you can no longer sign in to your account, it means that you will no longer be able to access the keyboard data that resides on the Microsoft servers.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.