There are many differences when it comes to iOS and Android. One is to get songs on your device. If you have Android, downloading songs becomes very easy. You can download any song without any hurdle. But when it comes to iOS, you may run into some issues. Apple doesn’t let you download songs from a web browser because of its privacy and security policy. Instead, iPhone has an app called Apple Music that you can subscribe to on a monthly basis to listen to music and download it from your library. Of course, there are many song apps like Spotify or Amazon Music that let you listen to songs and download them. But you can’t download music to your device’s library with it, the downloaded songs stay in that application.
For those who don’t want to spend money on a subscription to download songs in your iPhone’s library, there are other ways you can choose. In this article, I’ll show you some methods through which you can download songs on your iPhone without paying subscription fees.
How to download songs on iPhone
Method 1: Using iTunes
Follow these steps to download music to your iPhone using iTunes:
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- If the music you want to download to your iPhone isn’t already in your iTunes library, go to File > Add File to Library to add it.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer via a USB cable and start iTunes.
- Select the Music option from the device icon.
- Select Sync music.
- Click Uninstall and Sync in the warning dialog to continue.
- Choose whether to add your iPhone’s entire music library or select playlists, artists, albums, and genres.
- If you select the latter option, you will have to manually select the playlists, artists and albums.
- Select Apply > Sync to start transferring music to your iPhone via iTunes.
- When you’re done on your iPhone, go to Music > Library > Songs to listen to the music.
Method 2: Using Wi-Fi
You can also use Wi-Fi to download music from iTunes to your iPhone:
- Configure your computer for Wi-Fi sync.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Select Summary on the device icon.
- Check Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi.
- Then click the Apply button in the Options section.
- Check if iTunes is still running and if your iPhone is connected.
- On the iPhone, turn on iTunes Wi-Fi syncing.
- Go to Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync to get started.
- Click Sync Now to start adding music to your iPhone.
- Wi-Fi sync will, of course, also sync other files in iTunes to your iOS device.
Method 3: Using iCloud Drive
- Open Finder on your Mac
- Go to iCloud Drive.
- Choose File > New Folder. This will create a new unnamed folder.
- You can name the new folder as Music/Songs.
- Navigate to the Music/Songs folder.
- Find the songs you want to listen to on your iPhone from Mac and drag them into the Music folder.
- Your music is automatically uploaded to iCloud Drive.
- Your music will be available through iCloud on your iPhone once your songs are uploaded.
- Launch the Files app on your iPhone.
- Select iCloud Drive.
- To open the Music folder, navigate to it and tap it.
- You’ll see the same songs as when you uploaded them from your Mac.
- Tap the song you want to listen to and it will be downloaded to your device automatically.
- Tap a song to listen to it in iCloud Drive.
- Your music has been downloaded to your iPhone.
That’s it folks! Here are the 3 easy ways you can download songs on your iPhone. Tell us which method you used and which was more convenient.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.