If you are an intensive gamer, Retroarch is an emulator that you can install on your iOS device and enjoy the retro games that have graced people’s lives since the beginning.
Since iOS devices are very restrictive with what kind of apps or games are allowed on them, it’s not surprising that Retroarch and similar emulators are quite popular online.
However, downloading and installing a retroarch emulator can be challenging. However, we have managed to figure out the steps you need to follow to install Retroarch on your iOS device without any jailbreak.
Steps to install Retroarch on iOS
The installation method of Retroarch as mentioned in the steps below works for all latest iOS devices. You don’t have to worry about jailbreaking the iPhone and affecting the warranty.
From the latest iPhone 14 to iPhone XR, these steps work flawlessly on all devices.
Follow each step as mentioned:
- Install iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Below that, you need to register on Apple’s free developer account
- From there, generate an app-specific password
- Once done, install AltStore on your PC
- Connect your iPhone to the PC with a USB cable
- At the same time, install AltStore on your iPhone as well
- From there you can search for Retroarch and then install it on your iPhone
After the successful installation, you can go ahead and launch Retroarch on your iPhone as normal and use it as an emulator to play the games you want.
And that’s all you need to do to download and install Retroarch on your iOS device. Make sure to complete each step in the installation process to avoid any complications. And while you’re at it, only install AltStore from the official platform instead of the manufactured one.