The legendary Nintendo DS console may be discontinued, but its reputation lives on among gamers and tech geeks. While some people have fond memories of the super popular Mario and Pokémon games from their childhood, many young people join in and want to relive a golden era. If you use some of the software emulators on your PC or smartphone, you can enjoy the magic of Nintendo DS consoles.
Due to Apple’s policy, the Nintendo DS emulator is not accessible in the App Store. However, interested gamers can download an emulator and play Nintendo games on their iOS devices in several ways. We will discuss in this article how gamers can get the NDS4iOS emulator.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE NINTENDO DS EMULATOR ON IOS?
Despite its popularity, this is not a licensed program for playing Nintendo console games on mobile devices. The only option for you to get this emulator is through third party apps. But don’t worry, jailbreak is not required for this.
NDS4IOS EMULATOR VIA IOSEMUS
- Visit iosem.com using the Safari browser.
- The emulator will be downloaded when you click the Download button on the page. If necessary, enter your password or Touch ID and tap “Install” again.
- Return to the home screen and wait for the app to complete the installation.
- Before activating the program, go to Settings > General > Profile and look for an installed profile. Click here.
- Accept the message by tapping “the profile name”.
- The emulator is installed on an iOS device.
Downloading an emulator, on the other hand, is just the first step. After the emulator is set up, gamers need to download and install ROMs in order to play Nintendo games. Scroll to the end to see how to install ROMs.
NDS4IOS VIA TUTUAPP
- Go to TutuApp in Safari.
- Select “Install Now” from the drop-down menu.
- Return to the “home screen” and it will appear as an icon on the home screen once you are done.
- The message “the developer of the app is not yet trusted” appears when you open the app. Trust the certificate by going to Settings > General > Device Manager.
- When the program asks you to confirm the installation, open it and search for nds4ios in the search bar. Click on “download” and then “install”.
- Go to Settings app > General > Profile and find a profile associated with it, then click Trust.
NDS4IOS EMULATOR VIA IEMULATORS.
- Visit iemulators.com using “Safari.
- Navigate to the “apps” tab.
- Go down until you come across nds4ios. Check if it’s revoked, and if not, you’re good to go.
- To view the detail page, click on it and then click “install”. When prompted, select Install and follow the on-screen instructions. After that, go to the Settings app and put your trust in the developer.
- You can now reload or install ROMs for your favorite games.
HOW TO INSTALL NDS4IOS ROMS:
You now need to download your ROMs after installing NDS4iOS on your device and verifying that it is working properly.
- Find the ROM you are looking for on the Internet, but only from a trusted source.
- Tap more after downloading the zip file.
- Select Copy to NDS4iOS from the drop-down menu.
- When you launch NDS4iOS, your ROM will be displayed.
- Tap it and customize it to your liking – then sit back and enjoy your new game.
- If you have additional ROMs on your PC, you can transfer them to your iOS device using iTunes.
If for some reason you can’t install ROMs through Safari, you can use iTunes instead. Here’s how to load ROMs on NDS4iOS using iTunes.
- Download the ROM file for the game you want to play. If the file is compressed (.zip or.rar), you must uncompress it first. Make sure you have a .nds file so that NDS4iOS can read the information.
- Launch iTunes after connecting your iOS device to your computer. Then, in the Device Manager section, click on your device’s icon and choose Apps from the sidebar.
- Tap nds4ios in the app list in the “File Sharing” section. Click “Add File…” under “nds4ios Documents” and locate and choose the .nds file you created.
- Wait a few seconds for iTunes to copy the documents from the app to your iOS device. When you’re done, click the “Done” button. Return to the app and the game you transferred should appear in the ROM list.
If the file is in .rar format, make sure to extract and recompress it. To do this, follow these steps.
- Install “FileMaster” from the “app store”.
- Navigate to a site where you can get NDS ROMs with “Safari”. OR just google “nds roms”.
- Search in the game and click on ‘download link’.
- Open the file in FileMaster and extract it; you will see a .nds file, the original file. Tap the .nds file and select zip. This encrypts it and stores it in the same folder.
- Select the “open with” option while selecting the file. Select this option to import the game into the program.
If you want to keep it easy, download the ROMs to your computer, unzip them and zip them. Then upload the generated file to Dropbox. You can use the “open in” function to import ROMs from here to nds4ios.
The DS Emulator for iOS works well on all devices. Please note that these are just emulators and have no real game data. The best part is that no jailbreak is required to get DS Emulator for iOS. So, what have you got to lose? Note that the app store does not contain this ds emulator for iOS 15 without jailbreak.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.