If you are an Android user and this is your first time switching to an Apple iPhone, the “Move to iOS” app can be a life saver for you. The beauty of this app is its accessibility.
This is for Android users who want to switch to their new iPhone without losing their data or having to reset the data on their new iPhone from scratch. And this includes the contacts, pictures, apps, etc.
For those who are completely confused about what the “Move to iOS” app is and how to use it, let us clarify some things for you in this article.
What is the Move to iOS app?
The Move to iOS is a popular Android app that seamlessly transfers information and data from an Android to a brand new iPhone.
The app helps a previous Android user to transfer their important data like contacts, message history, website bookmarks, email accounts, calendars, photos, videos, etc. from Android device to iPhone without having to do it manually.
How to download the Move to iOS Apk?
Before you get confused, Move to iOS is an Apple developed app, but it is available for Android devices. You can and don’t need to download it to your iPhone.
Here’s what you need to do to download the apk to your Android device:
- You can find the Move to iOS apk on Google Play Store
- From there you can download and install the app on your Android device
- Once installed, navigate to your Android’s file browser to find the Move to iOS apk you just downloaded
- If you are prompted to change your security settings to download apps from untrusted sources, we recommend making these necessary changes to your iPhone.
And that’s all. After installing the app on your Android device, you can follow the instructions in the app to make the transition of data from Android to new iPhone seamless.
How to use the Move to iOS app?
After installing the Move to iOS app on your Android phone, how do you use it to transfer the data from your Android to iPhone? This is one of the most common questions most users have about using the app.
- Once you’ve got your hands on the new iPhone, turn it on and follow the on-screen instructions until you get to “Apps and data.” From there, tap “Move data from Android.”
- Make sure the Move to iOS app is installed on your Android device.
- Go back to your iPhone and tap Continue. You will see a 6 or 10-digit code appear on the display.
- Go back to your Android device and agree to the Terms and Conditions, then enter the code and tap Next.
- You then need to follow the on-screen instructions on your Android and iPhone devices to ensure smooth data transfer.
The main reason why we recommend having this app on hand is that it saves a lot of manual effort that you would otherwise have to do to save all the important information from your Android to iPhone.