Apple just announced the next-generation operating system update for its iPhones, Watch series, Macs, and iPads. The official version may come after the Apple event in September (iPhone 14 launch event), but Apple has released the iOS 16 beta version for developers to test. If you are a developer and registered to test, you can download iOS 16 beta without any problems.
However, if you’re not a developer or don’t want to spend $100 on the developer program, you can join the beta program as a tester when the iOS 16 public beta arrives. The iOS 16 public beta may be coming in a few weeks, but what if you want to try the new OS for free right away? Here we have provided a detailed guide on how to download iOS 16 beta for free without developer account.
How to Download iOS 16 Beta for Free Without a Developer Account
Things to consider
- iOS 16 is compatible with iPhone 7 and later. So make sure you have an iOS 16 compatible device.
- Betas are full of bugs and they can affect several features of your iPhone. We recommend that you back up your iPhone before installing iOS 16 developer beta. It’s also a good idea to download iOS 16 and install it on a second iPhone.
- To download iOS 16 developer beta 1 for free without a developer account, we use a third-party website. It’s safe, but we recommend checking everything in advance.
Download and install iOS 16 Developer Beta for free without developer account
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone and go to https://betaprofiles.com/.
- You will see “Download beta profiles† Tap iOS 16 and continue.
- Now you see”iOS 16 beta profile” and you need to tap on “Install profile†
- You may see a pop-up on the screen and you need to click “Allow” and “Close to†
- Now the iOS 16 beta software profile will be downloaded to your iPhone.
- Navigate to “Settings” and then “Profile downloaded†
- Press on the “to install” option and enter the device passcode for permission.
- Tap the Install option again and the iOS 16 beta profile will be installed.
- When it asks for a reboot, tap the “Restarting” choice.
Here’s how to install the latest iOS 16 beta after downloading the iOS 16 developer beta profile.
How to install iOS 16 Beta on your iPhone for free
- Navigate to “General” in “Settings†
- Search and open”software update†
- Touch “Download and install†
- When the terms and conditions page appears, click on the “Agree” option.
- The latest beta version of iOS 16 for developers is downloaded. Once it’s downloaded, tap “Install now†
This is how you can download and install the iOS 16 beta on your iPhone without paying $99 for an Apple developer account.
Again, we want to make sure you are aware that betas may contain bugs, so installing them is at your own discretion. Plus, you always have the option to roll back to an earlier version of iOS.