iPhone and Apple users are generally excited about new software updates every year. And even with the launch of iOS 16, users have been constantly looking forward to finally installing and using the new software.
But the launch of iOS 16 has brought a lot of problems, especially with lagging features and lots of unwanted updates that take up a lot of storage space on the device.
If you want to downgrade your iOS 16 to iOS 15, this article will explore all the methods you can explore without losing your data.
Back up your iPhone data before downgrading
No matter when and why you want to downgrade from iOS 16, the only thing we recommend is to back up your data first.
If you don’t back up your data, all important data will be erased from iPhone. So, the first thing you need to do is backup your iPhone data without any hassle.
To back up your data, you need to do the following:
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Search for “Find My” in the settings and make sure it is turned off
- You need to enter the Apple ID and passcode for verification
- Meanwhile, connect your iPhone to a computer via USB cable
- Launch the iTunes app on your PC and go to the overview page
- Under the backup field, tap “My Computer” to create the backup
This will prompt a local backup of your iPhone to the computer to ensure all data is kept somewhere.
How to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15?
Now that the standard backup is done, the next thing you need to do is downgrade the software from iOS 16 to iOS 16.
If you’re wondering how to do it, we’ve picked out two ways that work.
The first step to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 is to use iTunes. Once that is done, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open your PC and then go to https://ipsw.me/ to download the iOS 15.7 software.
- From there, go to the iPhone section in the list and choose the iPhone model.
- Below that, you need to select the latest IPSW file and select Download from there.
- Open iTunes on your computer again and hold down the Shift key.
- Tap “Restore iPhone” and choose the downloaded IPSW file there.
- It will then ask an on-screen message “iTunes will erase and restore iPhone to iOS 15.7 and verify the restore with Apple.”
- Tap “Restore”.
This will downgrade your iPhone from iOS 16 to iOS 15. The process may take a while, so we recommend that you be patient.
Using third-party apps
If the iTunes methods are seemingly complicated for you, we recommend downloading third-party apps such as Tenorshare ReiBoot.
It works much the same as the iTunes method, but without the extra hassle. All you need to do is download the app and then follow the instructions mentioned in the app to go through the downgrade process.
They have an integrated “Downgrade iOS” feature in the app, which should fix all issues in no time.
In general, downgrading from iOS 16 to iOS 15 is not such a hassle. However, we understand that some steps are much more complicated than others. We hope this article gives you all the potential insights you need to know about the process of downgrading an iOS update on your iPhone without any hassle.