As an iOS geek, I prefer to chat with friends and family via iMessage app over WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat or other third party apps. But sometimes I often come across situations where I want to undo or edit messages on my iPhone. I have been waiting for this feature for many years and finally Apple introduced this feature in iOS 16 update.
At the WWDC 2022 event, the tech giant showcased the new iOS 16 feature to delete and edit the message in the iMessage app. Instead of regretting the wrong text, you can now undo or edit a message on iOS 16 to change or delete any message in the iMessage app. It is so easy to edit or delete iMessage on iOS 16, and let’s see how to do it.
How to Send or Edit a Message on iOS 16
Remark: You can edit or retrieve a message up to 15 minutes after sending, or recover recently deleted messages up to 30 days after deletion.
- Open the Chat in the iMessage app.
- Long press on the message in question, the way you add an emoji response.
- You will be prompted for options to edit or delete the message.
- You can choose either “Send” or “Edit”.
- When you tap Unsend, the message immediately disappears from both devices.
That is it.
Did you like this new iOS 16 feature? Please share your feedback in the comment box. Also, share your other favorite features of iOS 16 and what you still miss on iOS 16. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.