One of the most common problems faced by people with iPhone is lack of storage space. With such a high-quality camera and frequent updates, that’s not even surprising at this point.
One of the most common problems eating up your iPhone’s storage is duplicate photos. They are the bane of many people’s existence and make it difficult for users to comfortably get the most out of their user experience.
If you have many duplicate photos on your iPhone and you are confused about how to delete them, this article should give you all the details.
What are the ways to delete duplicate photos on iPhone?
Removing duplicate photos starts by checking them manually. You have to go through your entire iPhone gallery to check which images are duplicates before you can delete them from your iPhone.
This process is a lot more tedious and also takes up a lot of your time. If you don’t want to give in to that and instead want a quicker way out of the situation, the best tip we can give you is to follow the different methods we’ve sorted below.
1. Using the Gemini Photos App
Sometimes you need a third party help to fix the mess in your iPhone’s gallery. The Gemini Photos app is a great option to explore. It is available in the App Store, which is always a plus. This means you don’t have to worry about downloading it from unwarranted sources.
Once you are done downloading and installing the app on your iPhone, follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the app on your iPhone and start the scanning process
- Once the scanning is complete, the app will indicate a folder with all the duplicate photos that are on your iPhone. Select those groups of photos
- Tap the photo(s) you want to delete by clicking the “x” symbol in the top left corner of the screen
- When you’re done, tap Delete and you’re good to go.
Using this app will save you a lot of time and handiwork that you can spend elsewhere.
2. Manually Using Apple Photos
If you have a lot of time to spare and don’t want to install a third-party application, the best option is to do it manually from Apple Photos.
Here’s what to do:
- Open the Apple Photos app
- Select all photos
- From there, browse your gallery to check for duplicate images, then tap Select
- When you’re done, you can tap on any of the duplicate images you want to remove
- Tap the trash can icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, then tap “Delete Photos” to delete all duplicate photos on your device.
Conclusion There could be several reasons why you have an abundance of duplicate photos on your iPhone. However, we recommend that you find them and delete them if they no longer serve you. Make sure to keep an eye on the storage and delete it as a priority if you are low on storage space on the device.