Streaming services and OTT platforms have taken over the world in recent times. While the facilities available are quite diverse, it’s not surprising that Google’s Chromecast has managed to top the list as one of the most affordable and high-quality streaming platforms out there.
From ensuring optimal compatibility to enabling users to seamlessly stream content of different types on different platforms, Chromecast is a winner in several forms.
However, if you want Chromecast from your iPhone, there are certain factors to consider. From installation to execution, there are many factors to consider.
How to set up the Chromecast?
Your first step in using Chromecast from iPhone is to set up the streaming service using the Google Home app for iPhone.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Connect the Chromecast to the HDMI port of your television
- Navigate to Apple’s App Store and download the Google Home app from there
- Create a new Google Home account to start the setup process
- You need to create the Home account and also set up the Google Assistant
- Once the installation is complete, you can use the Google Home app to start using Chromecast from your iPhone now.
How to Stream Chromecast from iPhone?
After you set up your Chromecast using the Google Home app on the iPhone, the next step is to stream Chromecast from the iPhone. The good thing about the Google Home app is that it allows your iPhone to be linked to multiple streaming platforms, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, YouTube, and other platforms.
You aim to ensure that all affected devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Once you are done, follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the Google Home app on your iPhone and tap the Media icon
- Navigate to Manage your system and select the type of content you want to access
- Under the usable app, tap Link and add your iPhone’s Google Home account
- Tap Link account and enter username and password
- After the successful login, close the Google Home app and then tap the streaming platform you want to watch content on.
You can also use Google Assistant to provide spoken instructions to access the streaming platforms, which is a bonus.
Then you have to put Chromecast on the television. Here’s what to do next:
- Select the specific media you want to Chromecast on your television.
- Go to iPhone screen and find Chromecast cast icon
- Select your Chromecast from the available list
- Start watching your favorite show from there
If you thought Chromecast was not possible via iPhone, you are wrong. You need to understand that the process is simple but requires a few extra steps as Chromecast is a Google product and not an Apple product. Apart from that, following these simple steps should solve your hassle of connecting to the relevant Chromecast streaming platform you want to watch content on.