We all hold our phones closer than anything in the world. We take care of our iPhone in every way possible; we won’t even let a scratch get in the way. Even if we lose our iPhone, there are certain precautions we take to reach our phone safely. If we lose our iPhone, we can find it through our computer. It’s that simple. It doesn’t matter where your iPhone is, whether you left it in an uber or restaurant or some other station, your computer can help you find the exact location of your iPhone. You may be wondering how? the answer is Find My iPhone. Find My iPhone from a computer helps you find your lost iPhone as quickly as possible.
What is Find My iPhone and how does it work?
Find My iPhone is a very useful feature that Apple has provided to its users. It’s an iCloud feature. It helps you find your iPhone that you lost or even stolen. Not only iPhone, it can help you find other Apple devices like Mac, iPod, iPad or Apple Watch. And to find your device, all you need is a computer. Find My iPhone works by using your iPhone’s GPS system and cell towers to give you the location of your iPhone that you can find via a map. You can access Find My iPhone via iCloud by simply logging into your iCloud account using a web browser on any Mac or PC. The steps below will guide you through the procedure.
Add your iPhone to Find My iPhone.
Before you can use the Find My iPhone app to search for a lost iPhone, you must first associate the device with your Apple ID. If you add your iPhone to Find My, you will be notified if it is left behind. Set up divorce notifications in Find My on iPhone when you leave a device.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on your name.
- Go to Find My.
- Enable the Find My iPhone option.
- Enter your Apple ID when prompted to sign in.
How do I use Find My iPhone from the computer?
- On your computer, go to web browser.
- Go to iCloud- Find My iPhone
- Sign in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and password. (Find my iPhone does not require two-factor authentication.)
- If you’re prompted to enter the code provided on another trusted device, but that device doesn’t have it, choose Find iPhone under the “Or quick access to” option.
- Wait a few minutes for your device’s location to appear on your screen.
- If more devices are connected, go to All devices and select the device you want to search.
- The green dots on the map indicate Find My iPhone is on Apple devices that are turned on and signed in to your iCloud account over a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- If the selected device has no network coverage or is turned off, you will see the last known position. You will be given a box to check so that you can be notified when it is discovered. The selections you select will be made the next time the device connects to the Internet.
- If the device has not been used for a while, you will be given the same options and the option to remove it from your account.
Even if your device is offline or not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, Find My Network can find it. If you enable the Find My network on a compatible iPhone with iOS 15 or later, you can find your iPhone for up to 24 hours after it’s turned off, or up to 5 hours when it’s in battery backup mode. If your device’s battery level is low, the location will be immediately shared with Apple.
Until next time, with a different topic. Until then, Toodles.