Although we live in a predominantly digital world where every document is processed and shared digitally, there is still an increasing demand for scanned documents. No matter you scan the document and copy it physically or forward it digitally, a scanner is an essential need in our life.
Speaking of scanning documents and using scanners, did you know that you can scan, save and share documents using Apple’s Notes app?
This article walks you through all the details you might need to scan an image or document on an iPhone using the Notes app.
What do you need to scan documents or pictures on iPhone?
Before we share the steps on how to scan the documents and images through an iPhone, let’s go over the requirements first.
This is what you need:
- An iPhone with iOS 11 and later
- Images or documents you want to scan
In general, it should take you anywhere from 1-2 minutes to figure out the whole process, so keep that in mind.
How to scan a document or picture via iPhone Notes?
Now that you’ve got the basics in order, let’s walk you through the steps you need to follow in order to scan a document or picture through the Notes app on your iPhone.
Here’s what to do:
- Unlock your iPhone and then open the Notes app.
- On the home page of the app, create a new note
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen where you will find the “Scan Documents” feature. It should look like a camera.
- From there, click “Scan Documents” and this will open the camera and begin processing.
- Place the image or document you want to scan under it and point your iPhone’s camera at it to capture the document.
- What’s great about the Notes app’s scanning feature is the automated recording, which scans only the document and removes the background it’s placed on. The only thing we recommend you do is to place the document or image on a flat surface.
- If you want to scan the document manually, there is also a manual scan option. We will only recommend that if it is necessary.
- Once you are done scanning the image or document, the next step is to save the scanned document in your Notes app. The save button is present at the bottom right corner.
- From there you can save the note and then you have saved the scanned image to your Notes app on your iPhone.
It may seem a bit long and complicated. However, once you get the hang of the process, it shouldn’t take more than a minute. Once the scanned image or document is saved, you can export it or share it with others using various sharing options.
It’s simple, free and straightforward to scan images and documents through the Notes app on your iPhone. However, we understand that not everyone is aware of the methods or the nuances. We hope this article gives you all the details you are looking for.