Planning to buy new electronic items from Best Buy but worried about payment? Then we have good news for you. Best Buy recently started accepting payments from Apple Pay in all stores to make the purchase process easy and stress-free.
It just means you don’t have to wait for coupons or carry cash or use your credit/debit card when paying at the Best Buy store. All you need is your Apple phone and a valid Apple checking account with information. Want to dig more? Keep scrolling through the page and check out the step-by-step procedure to use Apple Pay at Best Buy stores here.
What is the best buy?
Best Buy, based in Richfield, Minnesota, is an American international retailer of consumer electronics. Best Buy has a presence in Canada and previously had a presence in China until February 2011.
Founded in 1966 as an audio specialty store, the company was refurbished in 1983 and renamed into its current consumer electronics name.
Forbes named Best Buy “Business of the Year” in 2004. It is the largest specialty retailer in the consumer electronics retail market in the United States. The company was rated 72 on the Fortune 500 list of the best U.S. companies based on total revenue in 2018.
Can I make a payment at Best Buy with Apple Pay?
Absolutely yes. Customers with an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus can use Apple Pay in the Best Buy app to make purchases. A free update will be released in the Apple App Store regarding payment acceptance. Later this year, Apple Pay will be accepted in all Best Buy stores in the US.
This summer, Best Buy will set up a technology innovation agency in Seattle focused on mobile, and they will continue to implement new tools to improve the user experience in this critical growth area.
Consumers today have a variety of ways to spend their money and the store owner wants to provide them with as many alternatives as possible when it comes to paying for goods and services at Best Buy.
Steps to Use Apple Pay at Best Buy Stores
Since you now know very well that Apple Pay is accepted in Best Buy stores, it’s time to know the detailed procedure to avoid problems later. Follow the steps below to pay easily and hassle-free.
- To use Apple Pay at Best Buy, make sure your iPhone or Apple Watch is set up correctly.
- Then go to Apple Pay Wallet on your chosen device and add a debit or credit card.
- Tap the Plus symbol in the top right corner of the wallet app to add a debit or credit card.
- Then use the image of the credit or debit card you want to use with Apple Pay or add the card details manually.
- You can use the Wallet program to add a debit or credit card to your Apple Pay account. Best Buy now accepts Apple Pay.
But how do you use Apple Pay to make purchases? Let’s take a closer look at how we can achieve that below:
Method 1: Double-click the iPhone’s power button.
- Double-press the power button or “double click”, which is usually placed on the outer right edge of your iPhone. That’s the same button that turns your phone’s screen on and off.
- If everything goes well, your Apple Wallet will automatically open with a picture of the debit or credit card you’ve linked to your Wallet.
Method 2: Use the terminal for payments
- Finish paying for your purchases with Apple Pay by using a suitable payment terminal (also known as a card reader).
- Place your iPhone close to the payment terminal while using Apple Wallet on your iPhone.
- If everything is set up successfully, your payment should be processed immediately and your Apple Wallet debit or credit card will be charged.
What other payment methods are accepted at Best Buy?
Best Buy accepts the following payment methods:
- Best Buy / My Best Buy Credit Card
- My Best Buy Visa
- American Express
- To discover
- Dinner Club
- Best Buy Gift Cards
- Pay with points
- Best Buy Commercial Card
- Discount coupons from suppliers
- Best buy for business cards
- My Best Buy Reward Certificates
- Personal checks, business checks or cashier’s checks
That’s it all!! Best Buy supplies a wide range of technology and home appliances and to make it easier for customers, it now accepts Apple Pay in all its stores. In addition, they also support a variety of payment methods so that consumers can buy their favorite thing without worrying about payment.