Apple ID is your personal account for all things Apple. With one account, you can access all of Apple’s products and services, including iCloud, the App Store, and many others.
Note: Do not share your Apple ID and password with anyone else.
Why do you need an Apple ID?
When you buy a new Apple device, you can sign in with your Apple ID to store and access all your personal data in iCloud, including files, photos, contacts, and calendars. Previous purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Music are available for download. If you ever lose a device, you can track it down using the find my app. With so many features and personal information, your Apple ID is also your iMessage and FaceTime account. When it comes to Apple, your Apple ID is the most important login you have, so make sure only you can access it.
Create a new Apple ID
METHOD 1: Create an Apple ID using a web browser:
- Navigate to create an Apple ID website.
- Enter all your information such as your name, email address, date of birth, security questions, etc., if prompted.
- Please note that your email address will serve as your Apple ID.
- Tap Continue when you’ve entered everything, including the password and captcha code.
- Now enter the six-digit verification code sent to you by email.
- Tap the Continue button.
- Your Apple ID is created.
- To avoid entering a payment method, scroll down to Payment & Shipping and click Edit.
- Select None as the payment method. Be sure to include your full name and address, as well as a phone number.
- When you’re done, click Save.
METHOD 2: Create Apple ID on your iPhone:
- To get started, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then tap the “Sign in to your iPhone” button at the top.
- Tap the blue “Don’t have an Apple ID” button.
- You will now be prompted for a ‘Create Apple ID’ account, which you can tap to start creating an Apple ID account.
- Enter your date of birth, then your first and last name and finally your email address.
- You can use an existing email address or create a free iCloud email address like so: [email protected].
- After that, enter a new password and confirm it.
- Select three security questions and type in the answers.
- When you see the Terms and Conditions screen, click the “Agree” button in the lower right corner.
- Select whether you want to merge existing data on your phone or ignore it.
- We recommend tapping OK to enable the Find My iPhone feature when prompted by iOS.
METHOD 3: Create an Apple ID with the AppStore:
- Go to the App Store app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom, select Create New Apple ID.
- Enter your current email address and create a strong password for your new account. This information is your new Apple ID username and password, so make sure you enter it correctly.
- Then select the country where your billing address is located. All Apple IDs are region-locked, so choose your billing address carefully.
- Enter your name, date of birth and whether you want to receive Apple updates.
- Enter your credit card and billing information.
- If you don’t want to set up a payment method right away, select None.
- Enter your phone number and confirm it before continuing.
- Apple will send you a confirmation email to the address you provided.
- When you receive this email, click the verification link.
- Your Apple ID has now been created.
Until next time, with a different topic. Until then, Toodles.