Apple Watch has evolved from distance tracking to currently side length tracking. It has come a long way in giving its users updated features with every new software update. When it comes to Apple Watch features, it learns your favorite route and then you can race against yourself, isn’t that interesting? It can even detect backstroke and kickboard underwater and even has the ability to dry itself after getting out of the water. It also monitors your heart rate, temperature, ovulation cycle and other factors. You can even set a goal for yourself to achieve, but what if you want to turn your Apple Watch goals into something more difficult and exciting? Read on to learn how to adjust your Apple Watch goals to something more fun and interesting.
How do you change goals on Apple Watch?
Apple Watch offers its users the option to change their daily goals such as stand goals, exercise goals or burn calories. This allows you to change the number of hours of your stance/roll goal or the number of calories to burn and the number of minutes it takes you to exercise. You do all this using the activities app on your Apple Watch. Here’s how to change your goal on Apple Watch.
The method below only works if you have Apple Watch Series 3 or later with the latest version of watchOS.
- Open the Apple Watch Activities app.
- Scroll down and find the option called change goals.
- Select the Change Goals option.
- Personalize your daily exercise goal by changing your daily active calorie burn goal. You can do this by tapping the plus or minus icon and selecting the calories you want to burn.
- Press the next button.
- Change your daily physical activity minutes by touching the plus and minus buttons and selecting the minutes you want to exercise.
- Then press the next button.
- Personalize your standing goal by determining how many hours per day you want to stand and move. To change the time period, click the plus or minus button as desired.
- You can adjust the rolling target if you are a wheelchair user instead of a standing target.
- Change the duration of your goal by clicking the plus and minus icons.
- When you are done creating and updating your goals to meet your needs, click the OK button.
- You are ready!
Note that if you have an Apple Watch lower than watchOS 7, you only have the option to change the motion target. You can only change Stand Goal and Exercise Goal if your device is running watchOS 7 and later.
The main screen displays the most recent workout. Tapping on it will take you to the workout screen, it will show details like workout type, height, calories burned and more.
Set a reminder for your goals:
You sometimes forget to meet your daily target goal, so it is better to keep a reminder regularly, this will also give you a push to do the activity on time.
- On your iPhone device, open the Apple Watch application.
- Click the My Watch tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Activities option.
- Enable the options for which you want to receive reminders.
- Click the back option when you are done.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.