iOS 16 has become a game changer by taking customization and personalization to a whole new level. It’s not just what you see, but the hidden features that actually change your experience using your iOS device. Apple hasn’t always given the home screen its own look, nor the ability to customize it to our liking. But now with iOS 16, we have the option to change app icons using the shortcuts app.
The icon changing feature allows users to customize the appearance of app shortcut icons. It is no longer essential to jailbreak or use third party software to do this on the iPhone. the method of doing this is simple and you can do it in seconds.
You need to know that your iPhone is compatible with iOS 16 to edit app shortcut icons. Changing app icons using the shortcut’s app is an official iOS 16 feature and is therefore available for all devices running iOS 16. With the most recent version of iOS, there is no limitation on the number of app icons that can be you can change .
Change app icons with shortcuts iOS 16
- Install the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- After installing the Shortcut app, open it on your iPhone.
- Select the + icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Under the New Shortcut option, click the Add Action button.
- Type Open app in the search area and click on it to launch it.
- Select Choose and search for the app you want to change.
- Select the Add to Home Screen option by clicking the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under the home screen name and icon, tap the app icon option.
- Choose the new image you want to use as the icon.
- After selecting and configuring the new icon, click the Add button.
- Click on the Done option and go to the home screen.
- And you’re done!
To avoid confusion, remove the original app from the home screen and put it in the app library only. To do this, long press on the app icon, choose Delete app and then Delete from home screen. You now have a custom home screen with app icons.
Remark: To change your home screen icon, you need to update your device to iOS 16, as this feature is only accessible if your iPhone is compatible with the iOS 16 software update.
App icon customization is available for the following devices:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 max
- iPhone 11 max pro
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6splus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone SE2nd Generation
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.