As always, Apple never surprises its users with new features. Apple gives users a blissful experience and performance with its software update. There are many users who may not be as happy as others with some features. For example Safari redesign! Previously, the search bar was at the top of the screen, but after the iOS 15 update, the search bar moved to the bottom of the screen. Some users find this feature to be something new, some are changing, while others are a bit skeptical about it and want it to be in its previous location. Not many like the changes that happen so often, especially when muscle memory goes haywire.
Every time you open safari, your finger moves to the top of the screen to type in the search bar, but then suddenly you realize it’s shifted. It can be annoying sometimes. But once you get used to using the search bar at the bottom of your screen, it becomes less annoying. Some users thought it was a useless update, but from a design perspective, it makes perfect sense as it easily reaches your hand without going over your device.
Can you move the search bar in iOS 15?
Yes! You can certainly move the search bar in iOS 15. Fortunately, a search bar at the bottom of the screen isn’t permanent. You can locate the search bar to the previous position from the settings app or by going to the safari app itself. It’s quite easy to do this.
How to move the search bar in iOS 15: Using Safari
- Open the Safari app on your iPhone.
- Find the search bar at the bottom of the screen, you will find the AA icon on the left side of the search bar.
- Tap the aA icon.
- Now click on the option Show top address bar from the displayed menu.
- Your search bar will now move to the top of the screen in its original position.
Move the search bar in iOS 15: Using the Settings app
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the safari tab.
- Click the single tab option under the tabs section.
- If you want to use the search bar at the bottom of the screen, you can click on the tab bar option in the tabs section.
- Open safari and you will notice that the search bar has shifted to its previous location.
That’s it, folks! If you want to find the search bar at the top of your screen, follow the steps above. Follow the same steps if you want to change the position of the search bar back.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.