It can be so annoying when, surprisingly, your iPhone gets stuck on the Apple logo and it can’t even get past that screen. Many of us may have been in such a situation once, if not twice. So if you are faced with such problem, don’t panic. Since your iPhone is not broken, only the image of the Apple logo annoys you.
This post covers everything you need to know about iPhone stuck on Apple logo error. From the cause of the error to solutions that help you resolve the error seamlessly, and much more. So keep reading to find out more.
Part 1: Why is my iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo?
There are several reasons why your iPhone stuck on Apple logo and if you know them, you can avoid such a problem in the future. Below we have explained some of the most common reasons why an iPhone can get stuck on the Apple logo.
Hardware damage can affect your iPhone. Yes, if your iPhone has been dropped many times on a hard surface or if you accidentally dropped it in liquid, your iPhone may get stuck on the Apple logo
If you have just completed an OS upgrade on your iPhone to the latest version, your device may get stuck on the Apple logo for various reasons. It could be iOS issues, which happens when installing the latest iOS on an older phone.
Performing an update or restore process on iPhone is something most of us often do. However, if you eventually try to install an update or perform a restore and encounter a problem in the process, your iPhone may get stuck on the Apple logo.
trying to jailbreak iPhone
Regardless of who performs the jailbreak operation on your iPhone, chances are your iPhone will get stuck on the Apple logo while trying the jailbreak operation.
Now you know why your iPhone gets stuck on Apple screen. Let’s move on to see several effective solutions that you can use to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo error.
Solution 1. Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo without Data Loss
The most recommended method to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo is by using a professional iOS system recovery tool like Dr.Fone System Repair † Designed with modern technology to help users fix various kinds of iPhone issues including iPhone stuck on Apple logo, boot loop, white screen, stuck in Recovery Mod and many more. Besides, the amazing thing about Dr-Fone – System Restore is that it performs the system repair quickly and efficiently without compromising iPhone data or settings.
All in all, you don’t need any technical knowledge to use Dr.Fone System Repair. It features a clean interface with useful functions that can always come in handy to solve your problem perfectly.
Most important features:
- Fix various types of iPhone errors like black screens, iPhone stuck on Apple logo white screen and many more without data loss.
- It is compatible with all iOS versions, including the latest iOS 15.
- Besides fixing iPhone errors, Dr.Fone System Repair can also fix iTunes errors like iTunes error 27, iTunes error 4013, iTunes error 14, etc.
- A highly interactive user interface.
How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo Using Dr.Fone System Repair
Step 1: Download Dr.Fone System Repair from their official website and install it on your Mac or Windows computer.
Step 2: Launch Dr.Fone and connect your iPhone to the PC using the USB cable. Then select ‘System Restore’ from the dashboard.
Step 3: Select iOS Repair from the pop-up window, then two options – ‘Standard Mode’ and ‘Advanced Mode’ will be displayed on your screen. It is recommended that you select ‘Standard Mode’ first. Advanced mode is usually for troubleshooting more server system issues and clearing phone data.
Step 4: A new window will appear on your screen and will automatically detect the model information of your iOS device. Click “Download” next to it to download the correct iOS firmware that matches your device.
Step 5: Once the download process is completed, Dr.Fone will start to fix the problem that causes your iPhone to get stuck on the Apple logo.
Step 6: Finally, your iPhone will reboot automatically after the repair process is completed and you can start using your device. It’s as simple as A, B, C!
Besides using iOS system recovery tool, there are other methods you can use to fix iOS system problem. We have explained them below.
Solution 2. Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo by Force Start
Force starting your iPhone when it gets stuck on Apple logo can help you fix the problem. While this solution is very unlikely to work, it is worth trying in such a situation. Besides, your iPhone shouldn’t have any other issues to make the force start operation run smoothly.
The process of force-starting iPhone varies depending on the iOS device you are using. Therefore, we have explained the step-by-step guide to force iPhone on different generations.
For iPhone 6S, SE (first generation) or earlier
- Simultaneously press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button.
- Release both buttons once the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen.
For iPhone 7/7+
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time and release both buttons once the Apple logo appears.
- Be patient with your iPhone to force start and see if it works.
For iPhone 8 and later
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
Solution 3: Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo via Recovery Mode
Recovery mode can also be used to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo. However, the sad news is that recovery mode will erase all your iPhone data. So, if you may not have backed up your iPhone data before it got stuck on Apple logo, this solution may not be a good choice. But if not then you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps through recovery mode.
You must have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer for this operation to run smoothly.
For iPhone 6S and Prior
Simultaneously press and hold your iPhone’s Home and Power buttons until you see the “connect to iTunes” message appear on your screen.
For iPhone 7/7+
Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Side button until you see “Connect to iTunes message.”
For iPhone 8 and latest
Press and hold the side button until you see “Connect to iTunes Message.”
Step 2: Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the PC.
Step 3: Select ‘Update’ from the ‘Update’ or ‘Restore’ option to continue.
Solution 4: Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo via DFU Mode
DFU is like the mother of all iPhone restore processes and it is very effective for fixing iPhone stuck on Apple error. What this does is that it completely erases your iPhone data and unlike other methods, data erased during DFU mode cannot be reverted.
You must have the latest backup of your iPhone before proceeding with this solution.
Follow the guide to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo through DFU mode.
Step 1: Launch iTunes/Finder and connect your iPhone to your Mac/Windows computer and do the following;
For iPhone 6S and earlier
- Press the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time.
- Press and hold both buttons for up to 8 seconds, then release only the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue to hold the Home button until it is detected by your computer.
For iPhone 7/7+
- Press and hold the volume down button and the power button for 8 seconds.
- Release the power button while still holding the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button until your iPhone is confirmed by the computer.
For iPhone 8 and latest
- Press and quickly release the volume up button > Do the same for the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you get a black screen. Then quickly press the volume down button while holding the side button.
- Release the side button after 5 seconds, but keep holding the volume down button until the computer detects your iPhone.
Step 2: You will see a popup that says ‘iTunes has detected iPhone in recovery mode’. Click OK in the popup.
Step 3: Finally, select ‘Restore’ from the given options to restore iPhone via DFU mode.
How to Avoid Getting Stuck on Apple Logo White Screen of Death
There are some basic precautions that you always take to prevent your iPhone from getting stuck on the white screen of Apple logo death in the future. We have provided a brief information about some of the precautions
- Make sure to perform an iPhone backup regularly as it will save you from any unforeseen circumstances causing your device to malfunction.
- Using your iPhone without charging while the battery is low can affect battery life. In addition, you should avoid using your device while it is charging.
- Do not try to jailbreak your iPhone. This can cause major damage to your device causing it to malfunction. If you might want to jailbreak your iPhone, we recommend that you do it under professional guidance.
Immediately your iPhone gets stuck on the Apple logo, your priority should always be to find a solution, and luckily you’ve seen one. As you can see, our guide has covered all the essential information you need to know about iOS system issues.
All in all, we recommend using Dr.Fone System Repair to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo issues as it is very affordable and easy to use. In addition, the work becomes more efficient compared to other methods.