Think of the era of the 2000s when we released smartphones to the public, and we had no idea until now how successful it was going to become. Since the inception of smartphones, mobile app developers have reached new heights. Users spend almost half of their time switching from one application to another on their smartphone. The rise of social media plays a big part in it, it has influenced people how to communicate with each other based on a single click through these applications like Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp etc. This is one of the many reasons why the application- developer industry has the full potential of its growth.
iPhone is currently the market leader in the United States, and their main asset for this is the iOS developers who have a big hand in developing apps for Apple and growing the company.
What kind of work do iOS developers do?
Still not familiar with what iOS developers are doing, let me put it in simple terms. iOS developers are responsible for designing and developing mobile applications for the devices running Apple’s iOS operating system. They are also known as a classified mobile app developer. Not only will you code and develop the basics of the apps, you may be responsible for fixing bugs, checking quality, maintaining the written code, and providing updates for the applications.
Being an iOS developer is not as easy as you think. You should have expertise in programming language such as Objective-C or Swift, which are used to develop applications for iOS. iOS developers should also be well versed in the patterns and practices that surround the iOS platform.
Best iOS Developer Jobs 2022
A good iOS developer job description and advertisement is important because it emphasizes the specific technologies required for the project they are hiring for. Posting an iOS developer description in a job posting when looking for an iOS developer to fill a specific role should be very specific about what is required and what role and position is being offered as well as what qualities and skills you need to have to apply, which should also be listed on a resume.
Company and Job Description for iOS Developer:
You can include a brief introduction to your company here. Also describe the company’s work culture and its unique selling points. Let the candidate get an idea of what it’s like to work in your organization and why he or she should join.
State your requirements and the responsibilities the prospective employee will have after joining your company. Keep the JD concise and clear with your objectives so that the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this position.
iOS Developer Role and Responsibility:
- Design and development of applications for iOS.
- Collaborate with the design team to define the app’s features and updates.
- Ensure that the application meets specifications in terms of quality and performance.
- Recognize and immediately fix potential problems in apps.
- Assessing and resolving application bugs prior to final release.
- Upload the app to the App Store.
- Application atomization and code maintenance.
- Create and deploy application updates.
- Encoding clean and efficient iOS applications without bugs.
- Provide support throughout the application lifecycle from concept to design, testing, release and support.
- Application troubleshooting and bug fixes to ensure clean and secure code.
- Make changes and improvements that we get through suggestions from the users.
- Be aware of new trends, applications and protocols in the field of mobile technology.
iOS Developer Skills:
- Knowledge of programming language – Objective-C, Swift and Cocoa Touch.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Understanding iOS back-end services.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and guidelines for application interface.
- Expertise in code version tools such as Mercurial, Git and SVN.
- Understanding C-based libraries, push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
- Knowledge of continuous integration.
- You previously worked as an iOS developer.
- You have a portfolio of App Store apps that you’ve released.
- You are familiar with product and design lifecycles for mobile devices.
- Good understanding of the iOS release cycle, as well as familiarity with the CI/CD platform and pipelines.
- Thorough knowledge of code versioning tools (eg Git) and experience with various testing tools.
- You have a quality problem solver with strong analytical skills.
iOS Developer Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering is required, as well as previous experience as an app developer.
- 7-10 years of experience developing mobile apps.
- A well-developed portfolio of software development projects.
- Knowledge of the MVVM architecture pattern.
- Strong knowledge of Swift, iOS SDK, Objective-C, multi-threading and object-oriented programming.
Remember that your iOS developer or other job description should be detailed enough that your employee understands what they’re getting into; clear enough that they don’t ignore the mention; and expressive enough that your employee really wants to apply for the job.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.