The Apple Watch is the most stunning multi-use device. To get the best experience from the Apple Watch, the software, like your iPhone, needs to be regularly updated for maintenance and bug fixes. If you’re having trouble syncing your Apple Watch with your iPhone, there could be several reasons. The most frequently asked question is: “What if the Apple Watch is not updating? Can you still sync it to your iPhone? Is it possible to pair your device without an update?
Can you pair Apple Watch with iPhone without an update?
If the Apple Watch software is not updated, it will not be possible to pair an iPhone with it. There is no alternative method to pair your devices without updating the firmware. If the Apple Watch device software still works with the earlier version, it may not be paired with your iPhone. The software update is essential to ensure that the two devices are compatible with each other and can communicate properly.
How to update Apple Watch?
If you can’t pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, your device may be out of date. So, first of all, you need to upgrade your Apple Watch by following the instructions below.
- Launch the iPhone Watch app.
- Select General in the My Watch tab.
- Choose the software update.
- Select the Download and Install option.
- After downloading the update, you will be prompted to install it.
- Swipe up on the screen to install the update.
After your Apple Watch is updated, you can try pairing your device again.
How do you pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone?
Before you start pairing your device with the Apple Watch, make sure you meet these requirements.
- Make sure your iPhone’s operating system is up to date.
- Charge your Watch to at least 50% capacity.
- Enable Wi-Fi on your iPhone.
- Keep your iPhone nearby to track the update.
If all four of the above conditions are met, you can begin the pairing process. If you are performing this procedure after upgrading the software, make sure you have unpaired your device first and restart the pairing process after the update.
- Turn on your watch by pressing and holding the side button until the apple icon appears.
- Place your iPhone near your watch.
- When the iPhone pairing screen appears, tap Continue.
- You are invited to position the viewfinder to see the screen of your Apple Watch.
- This will connect your device.
How do I enable Apple Watch automatic update?
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- On the My Watch tab, click General.
- Select software update.
- Tap automatic updates.
- Enable automatic update switch.
That’s it, folks! Follow the steps above to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone. but first make sure your apple watch software is updated otherwise you will not be able to pair it with your iPhone. Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.