You’re watching TV and suddenly you realize that your Apple TV remote no longer controls the volume. It gets pretty frustrating when the Apple TV remote suddenly stops working and you just sit around trying different things to get it to work again. There can be many justifiable reasons why Apple TV external volume not working. Fortunately, there are some solutions you can try to get it back to normal. Let me walk you through the workarounds and workarounds to get Apple TV remote back to normal and working.
Why isn’t my Apple TV’s external volume working?
This problem seems to be common among many users. If the volume knob does not work, it does not always mean that the remote control is damaged. It is possible that sometimes a bug causes all the problems. When a bug pops up, there is a chance that the Apple TV remote will stop working. If there are bug issues, you can try the solutions to make your Apple TV’s external volume button work properly.
Apple TV Remote Volume Not Working: Solutions
- Before you try any solution first, make sure the batteries in your remote control are in excellent condition. Replace the batteries when you feel they have been here long enough. If they need to be changed, that may be all it takes to restore your volume control.
- If replacing the batteries doesn’t work, try restarting your Apple TV by unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.
- You can consider the possibility that there is a problem with the Apple TV remote hardware.
- Some TVs may also require manual volume adjustment, so you may want to look into that.
If you have tried these things and the volume is still not working, you can move on to the next solutions.
- Press and hold the TV button and volume down button for about 5 to 6 seconds.
- The status light on your Apple TV flashes on and off.
- Wait 10 seconds after releasing the buttons when the status lights start flashing.
- The remote will reboot as soon as you receive a Disconnected message in the corner of the TV screen.
- Then your remote immediately reconnects and you can resume normal use.
If this doesn’t work, try plugging your Siri Remote into the bottom connector for at least two hours to charge. If your remote is still not working properly, it may be time to replace it. You have the option to order directly from Apple or through a third party.
Reset your Apple TV remote
If your remote isn’t working properly, try resetting it.
- Turn off your Apple TV by pressing the Home button on the remote control until the menu appears.
- Then go to Settings.
- Click the General tab.
- Tap Reset and choose Reset Remote.
- This will erase all data on your remote and you will need to repair it using your Apple TV. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to purchase a new remote.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.