Widgets have been fun on the iPhone since Apple added them to iOS 14. Then they added more widgets to iOS 15, and now iOS 16 reached a new height when Apple finally made widgets for the lock screen. The iOS 16 allows the user to fully customize the iPhone lock screen. Even users can add widgets to lock screen on iPhone in iOS 16.
Since iOS 16 was recently launched and the ecosystem is still new, many users are not aware of customizing widgets on the iOS 16 lock screen. The new iOS 16 allows users to add 4 small widgets to the iPhone lock screen. The best thing about the iOS 16 lock screen widget is that the new battery widget lets you see the battery on the lock screen without unlocking or checking out the device via Control Center.
How to Add Widgets to Lock Screen in iOS 16 on iPhone
Remark: Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 16 update. Currently iOS 16 developer is available for limited users.
- Long press the lock screen.
- Then tap the blue + icon in the lower right corner or customize to add a widget to the current lock screen background.
- After that, tap the + (widget box) bracket below the time and date section.
- Once you are in the widget area, you can add 4 small widgets, 2 small and 1 medium or 2 medium widgets in the bottom space on the lock screen.
- Here you can choose different widgets from the available widgets.
Reminder, Stocks, Weather, Batteries and many widgets are available in the list. You can choose up to four small widgets and set them on the lock screen on your iPhone with iOS 16 update. It would be helpful to add the Daily Fitness widget to track your steps.
Did you like the post? Which widget do you prefer to set up on your iPhone’s lock screen? After using the lock screen customization feature of the new iOS 16, you can share your feedback in the comment box.