On many iPhones or iPads, many consumers cannot successfully install iOS 16. The most recent version of the Apple OS, then choose the “They are receiving an error message that says “Failed to update. An error occurred while installing iOS16 on an iPhone or iPad. Please try again later or remind me.’ If you are also getting this type of error, then you need to follow the steps in this article to resolve this issue. Continue reading the article to learn more about the solution to this issue.
The most common reasons for errors when upgrading from iOS16 or later are network problems or incorrectly configured iPhone settings. The error has even been reported on iPads, so it’s not just an issue with a particular iPhone device. When you try to upgrade to iOS 16 on your iPhone but fail, an error message appears. Sometimes the problem occurred while the iPhone was confirming the downloaded iOS update.
Some of the solutions for your iPhone not installing updates are given below in this guide and can be used in a few clicks. Therefore, read the instructions carefully before choosing the one that best suits your needs.
9 Ways to Fix the Error Occurred When Installing iOS 16
- You need to check the compatibility of your device that supports the IOS 16 software update.
- You have to force restart your device. This will dump all junk files and refresh the memory. It also removes the unwanted bugs that prevent your iPhone from updating to IOS 16.
- You need to reset your network settings. This will update any information related to your network used on your iPhone device.
- You should check if you have enough storage space to install new iOS 16 software update on your iPhone device. Due to lack of memory and storage data, the update error may occur.
- Web traffic from your iPhone forwarded through iCloud’s Private Relay feature can lead to the discussed issue as corrupted data packets from your iPhone can go to Apple servers.
- Try disabling power saving mode on your device.
- Make sure your iPhone is sufficiently charged.
- Disable VPN if it is connected as it may interfere with the update.
- The last steps if all the above steps don’t work is that you can update your iPhone to IOS 16 using iTunes from a computer/laptop or Mac.
Try the solutions given above and proceed with the iOS 16 installation process. If the problem still persists, you may want help from Apple Care Support as there may be a problem with your iPhone’s system.
Until next time, with another topic. Until then, Toodles.